Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do VHI Give it the Hard Sell?

• 19-10-2015 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

I just had VHI on the phone about my yearly renewal. Every year they seem to wind me up.

It's not just rehearsed answers to questions that is annoying.

There's also the tactic of scaring people and shimmying around the less favourable aspects of a plan.

And then the line that the same policy level of insurance will not be found cheaper with another company.

I don't know why I just don't let this garbage go over my head. Every year I feel I have to react. VHI's hard sell approach to sales is so transparent its an insult to anybody with half a brain.

I won't be engaging in conversation with the VHI sales team again. I'll take my chances reading the policy t & c's.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Wow, that's disgraceful - an insurance company phoning their subscribers close to the renewal date encouraging them to renew with pressure selling - what's the world coming to?

I'm shocked, truly shocked :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I found dealing with the VHI very stressful this year. I was trying to change my policy and also change the bank account that this money was deducted from. The lady on the phone just kept reading from a script rather than listen to what I was saying.

She still signed me up to the wrong policy and took the money from the wrong bank account. It took weeks to get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

coylemj wrote: »
    Wow, that's disgraceful - an insurance company phoning their subscribers close to the renewal date encouraging them to renew with pressure selling - what's the world coming to?

I'm shocked, truly shocked :eek:

No other insurer I deal with, and there quite a few from business to home to car etc, is as cynical in their approach as the VHI are in my experience.

If anybody gives me the hard sell I go on the attack and I am well fit to tie a VHI rep in knots. I don't like bullying and hustling full stop, it drive me mad. The business I work in is ten times more aggressive than insurance and believe me by the end of the call they feel as bad as I do about their tactics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Insurance company, in highly competitive market, pitches for business. Shocker. Do you want congratulations for making some call centre reps life a little more miserable? I still have no idea why you don't let this "garbage" go over your head: becuse I find it hard to imagine you were forced at gun-point to take, or continue with, the call at any point.

(Throw in the fact, that as a pretty much semi-state industry, folks would be moaning about subsiding if they didn't fight for business it it's a bit of a no win for the VHI, really).

This whole thread seems a pointless rant about nothing. Ergo, closing

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement