Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remembrance Run 5k 2015

Options
  • 19-10-2015 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭

Starting this as it's pretty imminent. Frank Greally, editor of Irish Runner and no mean athlete in his day founded the event:

"Over three and a half thousand people participated in the third annual Remembrance Run 5K in the Phoenix Park in 2014 – a unique event organised by Athletics Ireland where people take part to remember family or friends passed or others who may currently be struggling with illness or other life challenges."

More here:

http://remembrancerun.ie/wp/

Anyone doing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

very few people race this tbh
    last year there were about 20 people under 20 minutes (some of them far under, the Endurance coach got a group to do it) and then a lot of joggers and walkers

so you'd be on your own most likely

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

RayCun wrote: »
    very few people race this tbh
    last year there were about 20 people under 20 minutes (some of them far under, the Endurance coach got a group to do it) and then a lot of joggers and walkers

so you'd be on your own most likely

Ok, haven't confirmed it with coachy yet. However if it's good enough for Fionnuala..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I decided to do it. I'd imagine its more walkers than runners but will give it a go anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

From what I've heard, from other runners, it isn't one to race. All very emotional and upsetting seems to be the theme.

If you want a Nov race there is one in St Anne's on Sunday 15th?

The Carers Association are organising a 5k event the Dublin Care to Run. It will take place in St. Anne's Park, Raheny, on Sunday 15th November starting at 11:00 a.m. All proceeds will go towards maintaining vital services to Family Carers across Dublin City and County. It is licensed by the Athletics Association of Ireland and the course is measured and certified. There will be 1st, 2nd,and 3rd prizes for the Men's and the Ladies categories. All entrants will receive a tech t-shirt and a goody bag. Online registration is now open on
    http://www.runireland.com/events/dublin-care-run-5k (Fee €20)
    late registration on the day ( Fee €25).

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

great event re. atmosphere. but not a race for a pb etc.i dont think although the course is marked well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement