Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible broadband speed

Options
  • 19-10-2015 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭

Hi, we have had BB with Eircom Eir for a number of years and never had the best speeds < 1M.

Having called tech 'support' the agent identified that we were on a 2Mb connection and advised that he would 'bump' the speeed to 8Mb and there was some credit applied to our account.

Since this time our speed has gotten progressively worse, to the point where we can't even view a YouTube video due to constant buffering. 

Each time we run a speed test the reading is < ½Mb.
    We are paying for this service every two months but the service is almost non-existant.

When we check online it states that our line is eFibre enabled and that we can have up to 100Mb (which I highly doubt as we can't even get 1Mb)

Can someone on here have a look at our account and please tell us what's going on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

ejabrod wrote: »
    Hi, we have had BB with Eircom Eir for a number of years and never had the best speeds < 1M.

Having called tech 'support' the agent identified that we were on a 2Mb connection and advised that he would 'bump' the speeed to 8Mb and there was some credit applied to our account.

Since this time our speed has gotten progressively worse, to the point where we can't even view a YouTube video due to constant buffering. 

Each time we run a speed test the reading is < ½Mb.
    We are paying for this service every two months but the service is almost non-existant.

When we check online it states that our line is eFibre enabled and that we can have up to 100Mb (which I highly doubt as we can't even get 1Mb)

Can someone on here have a look at our account and please tell us what's going on?
    Hi ejabrod

Genuinely sorry to hear of this, please do feel free to PM me your eir account number and I'll look in to this and get back to you within 24 hours.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement