Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing name from telephone directory

Options
  • 19-10-2015 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭

I'm not an Eir customer but a Virgin one.  My name is not supposed to be published in the  printed directory but has appeared for the past two years.  I spoke to Virgin who apologised and said it wouldn't happen again (they said the same thing last year!) and promised it wouldn't appear in next year's publication.

I don't really trust them at this stage!  Who can I contact to ensure that it definately won't appear?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

I'm not an Eir customer but a Virgin one.  My name is not supposed to be published in the  printed directory but has appeared for the past two years.  I spoke to Virgin who apologised and said it wouldn't happen again (they said the same thing last year!) and promised it wouldn't appear in next year's publication.

I don't really trust them at this stage!  Who can I contact to ensure that it definately won't appear?
    Hi Peig Sayers

Unfortunately eir won't be able to asist with this as you're not on our network. Your current provider is responsible for this really.

Sorry I can't offer an alternative

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

eir: Alan wrote: »

Hi Peig Sayers

Unfortunately eir won't be able to asist with this as you're not on our network. Your current provider is responsible for this really.

Al
    Right......could you tell me who's responsible for publishing the telephone directory?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Comreg and quote the Data Information Act to them under the EU law and they will move. You can take them to the small claims over breech of your information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

eir: Alan wrote: »

Hi Peig Sayers

Al
    Right......could you tell me who's responsible for publishing the telephone directory?
    Hi Peig Sayers

The company that prints directories is called "Truvo Ireland" - I can't seem to locate their website to link you but there contact details can be found here: http://publisher.directories.ie/truvo-ireland-ltd/

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement