Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meter lock

Options
  • 19-10-2015 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Can you advise how i orgainse to have a gas meter lock removed in order to facilitate a switch?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭mattaiuseire

lfc1978 wrote: »
    Can you advise how i orgainse to have a gas meter lock removed in order to facilitate a switch?
    Who owns the lock, why is the lock in place, and what type of lock is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lfc1978

Bord Gais have advised that it is your (Electric Ireland) lock - no idea why it would be in place as the Gas has been on for the last year and I have no idea what type of lock it is.

Bord Gais have advised that it is your (Electric Ireland) lock - no idea why it would be in place as the Gas has been on for the last year and I have no idea what type of lock it is.
    Unlikely. The lock may belong to the meter operators, i.e. ESB Networks/Gas Networks Ireland, but not the supplier.

I don't represent Electric Ireland by the way.  If you are trying to organise a meter exchange, your man will be able to unlock it for you when he swaps the meters.

By the way you can request one by visiting:

CLICK

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lfc1978

Unlikely. The lock may belong to the meter operators, i.e. ESB Networks, but not the supplier.

I don't represent Electric Ireland by the way.  If you are trying to organise a meter exchange, your man will be able to unlock it for you when he swaps the meters.
    Ok thanks a mil

• Advertisement

Unlikely. The lock may belong to the meter operators, i.e. ESB Networks, but not the supplier.

Ok thanks a mil
    You can request the key from the link in the previous post in case you missed it.  But don't worry about it anyway whoever needs access to the meter will be able to get to it (except you at the moment of course!).  You could probably even pick one up at your local locksmiths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi lfc1978,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you private message us the relevant Electric Ireland account number, confirming that you are the account-holder (a sentence stating this would be sufficient), your address and the telephone number we have on file for you or your date of birth (for security) we will have a look at your account details ASAP and advise you either this evening or tomorrow.

Thanks,
    Una

Advertisement