Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 10 Re-Install

• 19-10-2015 4:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10.
    I didn't do a clean install, but wish I had.
    The laptop ran slowly enough before the upgrade, but is very laboured now.
    In fairness, it needed tidying up before, so it's no real surprise.
    Anyway, is it possible to do a fresh install now.
    I don't have anything on the drive that I can't do without, so a complete wipe would be fine.
    Not hugely technical, so any advice appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Start button and type refresh. Should give you the option to wipe it back to a fresh install.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows-10/refresh-is-part-of-reset-in-windows-10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Windows 10 is the first windows version to offer a reset facility. Basically in the same way that you'd do a factory reset of a phone before selling it, you can do this with Windows too. Which is pretty nice.

You can also create installation media from your existing machine and do a clean reinstall.

http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭mattaiuseire

If you have an original Windows 10 disc and a bootable ROM you can format the hard drive and do a fresh install of whatever version of Windows you want.

If you mean you've taken the free upgrade from W7 to 10 then you'll have to refresh it to a back up presuming you stored a back up version of W7 already (you might have this setting switched on to store backups automatically).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

That worked. Thanks all for the help

Advertisement