Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build/purchase ~1000

Options
  • 19-10-2015 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

1. What is your budget?[/B] [€1000]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Internet/Basic Graphic Design/Watching Movies] (not the latest or greatest)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [No - not really but will probably try to include one]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] No (If possible state brand and model of the parts to ensure compatibility)

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [22i-24' ITS i think.]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.]

Yes I would like a new keyboard and mouse, preferably wireless but nothing fancy. I think general advice is to use ethernet but I will want a wireless card.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [No]

8. How can you pay? [Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [In next few days]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [Limerick]

Basically I have been following this forum for the last few weeks and was all set to try a build myself (first time). I actually chickened out at the last minute when I saw Dabs.ie Zoostorm Fractal machine for 700 euro

logitech Wireless Combo MK330 - keyboard and mouse set 8KK6 1 €35.27
    ViewSonic VX2363smhl 23” Full HD SuperClear IPS LED 2MS HDMI/MHL BDP8 1 €181.35
    Zoostorm Fractal Core i3-4170 8GB 2TB GTX 950 Win 10 Home BL90 1 €701.18
    StarTech.com PCIe Wireless N Adapter 8G47 1 €20.09
    Best Value 2M HDMI AM-AM FLAT CABLE 1.3B GLD 64BH 1 €6.81
    Samsung 250GB 850 EVO Series SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" SSD B085 1 €113.07

Advertisement