Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc secure watch

Options
  • 19-10-2015 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

Hi need a bit of advice

We moved into house month or so ago and the house was fitted with above alarm system. Yesterday I tried the default engineer codes but they didnt work . after 3 attempts the alarm light on panel went red and the on the outside of the house the alarm box is flashing red

I'm not looking for codes or anything I will get an engineer out in time when we can afford it , for now I'm looking to just disconnect it so the flashing outside stops

My fear is ill try to disconnect it and the alarm will go off , and I won't be able to stop it .

Thanks

Jonny

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you remove the mains fuse & the battery that will power the system down.
    The external siren will sound but it will stop after 20 minutes.
    A good engineer will be able to reset & reprogramme this panel quite easily for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

KoolKid wrote: »
    If you remove the mains fuse & the battery that will power the system down.
    The external siren will sound but it will stop after 20 minutes.
    A good engineer will be able to reset & reprogramme this panel quite easily for you.

Thanks its the 20 minute sound I'm trying to avoid its a quiet neighborhood with lots of kids and babies

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its that or get a ladder up to disconnect the battery in the bell box.

Advertisement