Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Virgin Media - call centre number and contract lenght

• 19-10-2015 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭

Had changed last year to UPC form Sky as they were offering a good deal on broadband with an ok TV package. So the time has come where my year is nearly up and I give them a call. Gone is the person at the end of the line who wasn't reading from a prepared script on "Hello Mr......". Back to the dark ages and it's a call centre in Manilla. Any question I had regarding continuing my contract or how much it would cost to add a channel or two was met by, "If you upgrade to this and increase your broadband package to that..." Arrrrggghhhhhh.... It is unbelievably frustrating. Needless to say I will be switching back to Sky, even if UPC/Virgin have a faster broadband. Well done UPC on killing the goose that lay the golden egg. Rant over...

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I'm not sure what the point in your post is, it seems to be just a rant and your quite mysterious title doesn't help. If you'd like to make clear what exactly we are meant to be discussing here I'll leave the thread open otherwise it is being closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭Bus Boy

Apologies icdg. Basically I'm wondering is there a direct line I can ring to a call centre in Ireland or the UK to discuss my problem. My contract is up at the end of next month and I wanted to know is it a rolling monthly contract I go into thereafter? Amongst other questions I have. Apologies again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Don't know about a local call centre but you could try the Talk To... Virgin Media Ireland forum.

You will continue on a rolling monthly contract after the minimum contract period has expired. If you want to cancel then you should follow the process outlined in your T&Cs, i.e. give them 1 month's written notice.
    https://www.virginmedia.ie/terms/terms-and-conditions/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Renamed thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭Bus Boy

Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement