Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent in Raheen/Dooradoyle

• 19-10-2015 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I will be moving from Tyrone to Limerick for work by the end of the month.

I will be working in Raheen so was hoping to rent with others as I'm young (mid-twenties) and I want to meet new people.

I've been looking for house shares in Raheen and Dooradoyle on daft & rent.ie but there isn't much availability. Is anyone else in the same situation or know of anyone with a room to rent?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Raheen/Dooradoyle probably one of the hardest places at the moment to find rent with the amount of new jobs coming online in the area. It's fairly accessible from all sides of town barr Corbally so you should be able to stay in most parts of Limerick and still be in work relatively quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭dave 27

I agree with Jofspring, almost impossible renting in that area with new jobs starting in the area, probably best looking at south circular road or Castletroy and taking the motorway to dooradoyle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Jofspring wrote: »
    Raheen/Dooradoyle probably one of the hardest places at the moment to find rent with the amount of new jobs coming online in the area. It's fairly accessible from all sides of town barr Corbally so you should be able to stay in most parts of Limerick and still be in work relatively quick.

It's odd that I live in the area and where I am, I can see lots of apartments lying empty and not rented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Firefox11 wrote: »
    It's odd that I live in the area and where I am, I can see lots of apartments lying empty and not rented.
    If you're in Ballycummin, then I think some of those apartments have a BER of Z.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 forgot_it_all

anyone familiar with those apartments in crescent court , noise levels , dampness etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭jsd1004

dave 27 wrote: »
    I agree with Jofspring, almost impossible renting in that area with new jobs starting in the area, probably best looking at south circular road or Castletroy and taking the motorway to dooradoyle

Not a hope in Castletroy. There is students screaming for accommodation there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 forgot_it_all

Jofspring wrote: »

how much to rent a two bed apartment in dooradoyle right now on average ? , one person told me 650 , another told me 850

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

You 'll get a grand one for 700 a month seems to be a few on daft.ie now

Advertisement