Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difficult Home-Ec Teacher.

• 19-10-2015 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hi all,
    So I am having a little bit of difficulty with my Home-Ec Teacher , She clearly hates me and hates everything about me and I have absolutely no bloody idea why! I'm not a disruptive Student , Unlike the others in my Home-Ec class , I always have my homework fully completed , I am never late to her class EVER and I do what needs to be done in the class BUT it is still not good enough for her , So we basically have these journals which are projects and these projects are 20% of the leaving cert home-ec course and Unfortunately , Mine is half wrong which is not my fault as she did not clearly state what I should be doing in my corrected rough draft and now I have written the wrong stuff into the real journal , She then says to me in front of the whole class ( Everyone was quiet ) that "YOU ARE NOT THINKING STRAIGHT , WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU! , YOU ARE ON LAST WEEKS LESSON PLAN! , THIS IS ALL WRONG!" - I mean her whole body language was quite threatening ( sorry for the drama but that's how I felt ) She then proceeds to shout at me " WHY ARE YOU WRITING THIS AGAIN!!!!!!!" again , This was very intimidating as the whole class was looking at me , I didn't answer her as I was quite shocked and even my friend beside me notices that she picks on me and nobody else in the class , I also failed my last test BECAUSE it was stuff that she did not teach us and told us to learn it ourselves and she would be testing us and again she got into a hissy fit and completely ignores me whenever I ask a question or lets out a Huge sigh and it is so much trouble for her to help me on something that I find difficult , I am quite upset about this.... I told my parents , They said to keep a diary of what she says and does and perhaps it will be taken to the Principal if it gets any worse...
    Any Advice??
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Take it to the Principal.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭jamie124

spurious wrote: »
    Take it to the Principal.

But I am afraid if I do that , I will be blamed.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

It's worth a shot, anyway. If you are genuinely in the right, you shouldn't get into trouble. Be calm, and tell the principal exactly what happened, without exaggerating anything. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Definitely take it to the principal! The journal work is an important part of your Leaving Cert and you need to get the work done, properly, and within a timeframe - this will be much easier if yourself and your teacher have cleared the air. As the poster above mentions, explain the issue calmly and clearly: exactly what happened and what was done and said. Leave the 'she hates me' stuff out of it, stick to facts. I'm not taking sides here but it sounds as though the teacher is rather frustrated (maybe because of the misbehaviour of other students in the class that you mention) so give her the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the 'hate' stuff :D
    Keep in mind all the time that your aim is to resolve the situation, get the work done and have as little hassle and drama in your life as possible.
    If the situation isn't resolved, for example if the principal didn't deal with the issue at all or dismisses your concerns, then you could start making a note of anything inappropriate that goes on, but really you should be trying to get this sorted quickly before it impacts your work too much.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If what you say is true, the Principal will want to know.
    Have others in the class not mentioned it to your class teacher/tutor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭AlfaJack

If you take it to the principle try to have exact quotes of what she said and detailed description of what she did. I also had an incident like this and my parents went to the principle and it was all sorted out fine although the teacher tried to deny some things she said, because i had exactly what she said (and every student in the class was willing to back me up) she eventually admitted it :L
    I hope this gets sorted for you the leaving is nerve wracking enough without teachers to worry about :)

Advertisement