If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Projector repair?

Options
  • 19-10-2015 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
       Hope you don't mind me asking on here, but do you know any places in the North that repair projectors? My projector packed in few months back with lamp warning. Way to early for that but only option I had was to try a new lamp. Got new one in mail today and it doesn't work. Same warning light :mad: So I'm down €430 and my projector is still not fixed. Guessing it might be the ballast going by other threads online. So annoying 

So wondering if you guys knew anywhere??

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briman1983

what brand is it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

briman1983 wrote: »
    what brand is it??
    Its a JVC RS45 (X30). <Mod Snipped>

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

chris_ie wrote: »
    Hey guys,
       Hope you don't mind me asking on here, but do you know any places in the North that repair projectors? My projector packed in few months back with lamp warning. Way to early for that but only option I had was to try a new lamp. Got new one in mail today and it doesn't work. Same warning light :mad: So I'm down €430 and my projector is still not fixed. Guessing it might be the ballast going by other threads online. So annoying 

So wondering if you guys knew anywhere??

Cheers
    Hi Chris_ie.

Sorry to hear your have issues with your projector.

What brand is the projector? Some manufacturers need to get the projector back and they do the repairs. 

We use Craigavon TV and Hi Fi for a lot of repairs but we have never sent them a projector as they go back to their own manufacturers.

Let me know the make and I'll see what info I can get for you.

Hi Chris_ie.

What brand is the projector? Some manufacturers need to get the projector back and they do the repairs. 

We use Craigavon TV and Hi Fi for a lot of repairs but we have never sent them a projector as they go back to their own manufacturers.

Cheers Kenny. I think I'm gonna go down that route. Sontec in the uk are the guys who look after the JVC repairs. Just the delivery price that I'm try to get reduced at the minute!! Steep enough to repair but cheaper than a new one :) <Mod Snipped>

It's JVC RS45 (Same as x30)

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Chris_ie.

Cheers Kenny. I think I'm gonna go down that route. Sontec in the uk are the guys who look after the JVC repairs. Just the delivery price that I'm try to get reduced at the minute!! Steep enough to repair but cheaper than a new one :) <Mod Snipped>

It's JVC RS45 (Same as x30)
    Chris - it might be worth giving the Guys ( Johno and Seamus) at Plasmacare a shout  - they are Dublin based but do collect from a wide area - I'm not sure if they are JVC Authorised - but they are excellent and I would trust them 200% - they are also quite reasonable ( Johno worked with me for about 15 years so he is used to working on a cut-price basis :) ) - they will do an estimate for you also before proceeding.

Probably worth a call before you go to the expense of sending to the UK anyway??

www.plasmacare.ie

If you do decide to give them a call - tell them that we sent you and they will look after you..

Keep us posted,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Nice one, cheers John! Will give them a shout and see what if they can sort it.

Thanks!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Nice one, cheers John! Will give them a shout and see what if they can sort it.

Thanks!
    Let us know how you get on Chris_ie

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Chris_ie,

I've snipped parts of your posts above - it would be better not to make that kind of reference to a third party here, see Charter for info,  on reflection I'm sure you'll understand why, if not drop me a PM.

On a less official note (!),  hope you get your projector up and running again, very nice bit of kit.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

I have the same projector as you, love it. There are some AV calibrators up north who can recommend people too, if not do it themselves (as it's probably one of a few things). I can send you some details if you PM me.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.