If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Sound Question

Options
  • 19-10-2015 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for circa 50" UHD TV. Not 55" -too big.

I need one that will give me optical or analog sound out without muting the sets internal speakers .

Why? Because I run a pair of speakers behind a chair from a small stereo amp for someone who is hard of hearing.

Currently this works fine from a 5 year old Panasonic Plasma.

I know LG won't do this as you have to switch to optical in the menu.

Any recommendations.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

ei9go wrote: »
    Hi,

I need one that will give me optical or analog sound out without muting the sets internal speakers .

Why? Because I run a pair of speakers behind a chair from a small stereo amp for someone who is hard of hearing.

Any recommendations.

Thanks
    HI Ei9go, sorry I have just noticed your post hadn't been answered, apologies for that. Did you get sorted out?

From a bit of research it seems the Panasonics have an option in the menu where you can select to mute tv speakers when using the optical if required, so they should do the job for you

In the 4k there are a few models in and around a 50", but only a couple we are able to ship

Have a look at the Panasonic TX50CX680 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201309-viera-tx50cx680b.aspx?swapstore=1 at £699/€999 - a 50" 4k with freeview play

Prices include a 6 year warranty and delivery to anywhere in Ireland

I will do a bit more digging into the Speaker/optical query just to confirm

Cheers
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭ei9go

Hi,

Any recommendations.

Thanks
    HI Ei9go, sorry I have just noticed your post hadn't been answered, apologies for that. Did you get sorted out?

From a bit of research it seems the Panasonics have an option in the menu where you can select to mute tv speakers when using the optical if required, so they should do the job for you

In the 4k there are a few models in and around a 50", but only a couple we are able to ship

Have a look at the Panasonic TX50CX680 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201309-viera-tx50cx680b.aspx?swapstore=1 at £699/€999 - a 50" 4k with freeview play

Cheers
    Brian
    Thanks for your eventual reply.

Also thanks to the people who were interested in selling me a TV.

The correct answer to my question is any Sony with what they call a hybrid headphone socket.

In the menu you can set the headphone socket to not switch off the internal speakers and to provide either a fixed or variable audio output as well.

Very clever, Sony, top marks.

TV purchased.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,

Any recommendations.

Thanks

Cheers
    Brian
    Thanks for your eventual reply.

Also thanks to the people who were interested in selling me a TV.

The correct answer to my question is any Sony with what they call a hybrid headphone socket.

In the menu you can set the headphone socket to not switch off the internal speakers and to provide either a fixed or variable audio output as well.

Very clever, Sony, top marks.

TV purchased.
    Again I do apologies about the original delay in getting back to you.

Thank you very much for the information regarding the Sony screens. It will be handy info should the question arise again.

Should we be able to help in any way in the future please drop me a post or a PM.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.