Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert engineering project

Options
  • 19-10-2015 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Any ideas on what to do for higher level engineering project?
    It has to be a go kart:
    Has 2 have two aerodynamic items(one adjustable )
    Had to have all round shock absorbers
    Has to have a steering mechanism also

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

If you Google images of "kart" you will see loads of pictures then if you take ideas from the pictures you'll be able to come up with a great project.
    The term "kart" is very broad

• Registered Users Posts: 17 donagh007

even though i have most the project designed im still stuck on the all around shock absorber, is this a suspension or a barrier protecting the kart?

Anyone I've spoken to are taking it as a suspension system, is your teacher not able to advise?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hydrocerium

I think its more of a barrier thing around the cart like in this picture http:// i01.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/60028190483/New_270CC_9HP_Gas_power_Automatic_adults.jpg rather than a suspension which most karts don't have, and which would be a lot harder to make. Whatever you do though if you say in the folder how you interpreted the design brief you should still get the marks..

I think without a suspension system your making it a bit simple , as if you have a suspension you'll have to account for steering and drive but then again maybe simple is better?

• Advertisement
Advertisement