Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Steel Wheel Reconditioning

Options
  • 19-10-2015 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Anywhere in Cork city that would recondition 4 sad and rusty looking steel wheels?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

Would you not try do them yourself??

• Registered Users Posts: 82,525 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They will be easy to do yourself, a trip to a motorfactors to get sandpaper, undercoat, silver wheel paint and laquer might cost €30 to do all 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I haven't a clue if someone would restore steel wheels for you but check alloy refurb places.
    Possibly car washes can do something, but it's cheapest to do it yourself.

Alternatively splash out on used alloys. Check donedeal and adverts.ie for prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭rb25

They will be easy to do yourself, a trip to a motorfactors to get sandpaper, undercoat, silver wheel paint and laquer might cost €30 to do all 4.

There's a few dings in the lip of the steel wheels where somebody kerbed them so I don't have the weaponry required to unbend the lip.

But I have the sandpaper, undercoat and paint. Will need to get lacquer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

Any pictures of the marks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭rb25

sean1141 wrote: »
    Any pictures of the marks?

I'll take a photo and post tomorrow. I've done a bit of wire brushing on them today and they are coming back to life a bit.

Advertisement