Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glock Owners - Dimensions needed.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

what pistol are you looking to get the holster for?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Sig P226 S X-Zone.

Had to get the last one form Sauer directly as they make the only true fitting one. However i've not gotten a reply from them and as the gun was only done on two lines it's an uncommon model.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭FISMA.

Glock 21 - 45acp
    width - red line = 28.50mm
    height - blue line = 37.07mm

I doubt you need the precision, but that 4th figure is a bit sketchy. I would call in 2.9cm and 3.7cm.

Anyone have a double check?

What caliber have you? Would a 45acp be "beefier" than a 9mm?:confused:

If specs from a 22 (40 S&W) or 34 (9mm) would help, please advise.

FISMA. wrote: »
    What caliber have you? Would a 45acp be "beefier" than a 9mm?:confused:

I've a 9 mm but as said it's not a Glock so i've no idea if one is "beefier" than the other. Just looking at various holsters and Glock are the only ones to even come close, but i knew it might be a long shot.

As said above i got one direct from Sauer. No other holster works. Kydex, speed, Ghost, even the generic ones don't fit it, at least not well. When the gun was in the RFDs i had my holster. It was made specifically for my model, and shaped to accommodate the target sights, etc. It was "loaned" out without my knowledge and now it cannot be gotten back. So i'm left to look for another.

The Sig is an odd model. Hence the reason i went to Sauer. In the picture you'll see the larger dimensions of the gun. It's also 30 mm wide.

Problem is i cannot find one to suit on any website, and none that would do as an alternate. I've ordered one from fleabay, but only to see if it'll do until i can get a better one. I know it's only a stop gap.

Sauer are usually pretty good at getting back to people so i'm waiting on a response. Just asking here to see if there are other options as i'm not expecting a good result.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Glock 17 9mm
    A =25mm B=34.4 mm
    Let us know how you get on as I am looking for a different holster as well ever since I mounted a red dot on mine with the old Gen1 Glock mount it is holsterless as well.Choice is put a mini doctor optics site on it with some machine work on the slide [about 300 euro for the site] or get another LH holster too.Only thing I can find is the IPSC style holsters with the barrel plug" type design.Expensive and not very pretty.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Have a look at G-Code or Blade tech for a sig with a light mount .

They also do holsters for pistols with a rmr red dot cut

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭FISMA.

I would try posting on the Sig 226 X-Zone FB page. Surely the lads there will have some recommendations.

Not on Facebook so wouldn't even know where to start there. Plus i'm not keen on joining and not just for a holster.

However if someone else can post or whatever you do and let me i'd greatly appreciate it.

Could try this fellow... Kydex Ireland. He has a phone nr and FB page.Seems he already has made som gun related stuff ..So he might be worth a call?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Does he make custom orders? If so he is worth a call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

other possibility is to look at airsoft sites as the tactical gear such as holsters are made by a lot of the same companies as their real steel counterparts.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭thehippychippy

Cass wrote: »
    Does he make custom orders? If so he is worth a call.

He does custom work alright Cass. Has some good deals on mora knives and sheaths too

Skatedude wrote: »
    other possibility is to look at airsoft sites as the tactical gear such as holsters are made by a lot of the same companies as their real steel counterparts.
    Done that and have a generic one from an airsoft shop. The biggest they had. The gun only goes half way down the holster and is too big to fully sit into it. So not happy with that at all. So a brand new one sitting here, hence the reason i'm seeking help before wasting more time on finding something that doesn't work.

Thanks though.
    He does custom work alright Cass.
    Nice one. I'll get a friend to contact him on facebook and find out where he is based and then drop into him.
    Has some good deals on mora knives and sheaths too
    Stop. One obsession at a time. :D

if you are thinking of going down the kydex road its actually fairly handy to do yourself,
    we have some funny knife laws here in Germany cant't carry a one handed opener however a fixed blade is perfectly fine go figure ha. anyway i have a small fixed blade that i use in work daily but didnt want it in a sheath on my belt where it could be seen so made an inside the waistband sheath:P:D.
    It took all of about 15 minutes and cost about €20 for the kydex, screws and the bladetech iwb holster loops. It might make an interesting project.

366181.jpg

I've never worked with Kydex. Is it difficult to manipulate or shape? Where would one buy it from and go about shaping it?

its really easy, i sourced it online in a sheet, then all you need is some two sheets of a soft enough foam like what is in a pelican case.
    its then just a case of putting it in the oven until it is soft, take it out put whatever you want to make the holster for between two sheets of the heated kydex, in between the two sheets of foam and then clamp it down tight to a table or whatever or if you are impatient like me stick it between two sheets of ply and sit on with reading a book for ten minutes while it sets, then its just a case of trimming off the excess, sand the edges, drill a couple of holes screw it together or rivit and then stick the loops on. its a really simple process. although it might take a couple of runs to get it right.
    I think i paid €8 for a sheet big enough for two knife sheaths.
    there are plenty of videos on youtube, saved myself €50:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

juice1304 wrote: »
    its really easy, i sourced it online in a sheet, then all you need is some two sheets of a soft enough foam like what is in a pelican case.
    its then just a case of putting it in the oven until it is soft, take it out put whatever you want to make the holster for between two sheets of the heated kydex, in between the two sheets of foam and then clamp it down tight to a table or whatever or if you are impatient like me stick it between two sheets of ply and sit on with reading a book for ten minutes while it sets, then its just a case of trimming off the excess, sand the edges, drill a couple of holes screw it together or rivit and then stick the loops on. its a really simple process. although it might take a couple of runs to get it right.
    I think i paid €8 for a sheet big enough for two knife sheaths.
    there are plenty of videos on youtube, saved myself €50:p

Where did you get the stuff from ? I recently got a few things from the US that quickly escalated to €300

GH

Checking online i see the average sheet goes from £5 all the way up to £23 for the A2 sheet. Include shipping, rivets, etc. and it can climb quick enough.

After saying that if i get what i want out of it, it's worth it.

Done some looking at videos online. Seems straight forward enough and exactly what you said juice. Just take your time, follow the steps and it should work out.

I'm still going to contact the chap above, but might get to try myself and if it works do some other stuff i wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Cass, I have a Fobus holster for the P226. My airsoft P226R fits it perfectly, and locks in to place properly. The 226 X-Five fits snugly, but does not lock in.

You are welcome to borrow or try it temporarily, until you get a better solution.

A very generous offer, thanks. Might take you up on it to test.

I not sure it'll work though. While at the last Bullseye comp in the MNSCI i tormented other lads. I tried Kydex, Fobus, molded, material, airsoft, and even a speed holster and not one of them would work right. Either it wouldn't go into it at all, fully or as you said would not lock. It's some pain in the ass lad.

The only reason i want the holster is for ease of use. When on the range i can use the gun from the box and when cleared can return it to the box. However when i go to check y target i have to lock it in the transport box or carry it in it's own case to the target boards You know when you're the only one on the range and you're not comfortable leaving the gun unattended 25 metres away from you). However when it's in a holster i know it's on my person and that makes me more relaxed which in turn make my shooting more enjoyable. I'm not after a holster for the "jock strap" persona. You know the kind, likes to walk around with a gun on their hip just for show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭.243

ive a right handed fobus paddle holster for a glock gathering dust if ye want to try it

Ah. Well if you only need to securely carry the gun while you take a walk to check targets, maybe an adjustable holster would do?

I'm not a big fan of the whole drop-leg thing, but something like:
    http://www.mainirishairsoft.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=388
    as a temporary solution? They wrap around the pistol very securely and there's a strap to keep it in. For €20 you can't go too far wrong. Maybe a bit too tactical looking for an Irish range though?

You can't use mine, it's in MultiCam ;)

.243 wrote:
    ive a right handed fobus paddle holster for a glock gathering dust if ye want to try it
    Appreciate the offer. Seriously, to all of ye both on here and via PM. Very generous in both offers and help.
    OzCam wrote: »
    Ah. Well if you only need to securely carry the gun while you take a walk to check targets, maybe an adjustable holster would do?
    That was my thinking.
    I'm not a big fan of the whole drop-leg thing,
    Nor me.
    They wrap around the pistol very securely and there's a strap to keep it in. For €20 you can't go too far wrong.
    Thats what i have ordered and should be here in the next day or two. Might use it and look into the Kydex thing. Has me very interested. Not just for a holster but for other stuff too (too much spare time on my hands)
    Maybe a bit too tactical looking for an Irish range though?
    Not allowed on mine. So out anyway.
    You can't use mine, it's in MultiCam ;)
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Wadi14

http://www.sportshooter.de/en/holsters/for_pistols/hoeppner_und_schumann_speedsec_3.htm
    How about this or go back to the main holster page and have a look through the pistol holsters, there are a few that fix the 226 listed

Thanks for that list.Found a holste that would suit me and the Glock modification. Just pricey enough as well ,but its the only one that is a LH :(
    OR
    Go try the DIY Kydex route first...Decisions,decisions..;)

There's a bloke I know who makes Kydex holsters as a sideline. His work is top class.

The only issue with Kydex is that if you want positive retention (like the Fobus) you'll need to get some kind of bungee strap to go over the hammer or beavertail or whatever. But they work very well.

I can get more details if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Deaf git

You could make a wooden pattern of your gun and use that as a plug mould for glassfibre?
    Or carbon fibre? Don't use the oven in your kichen to cure carbon fibre mouldings, it' not worth the grief believe me....

OzCam wrote: »
    There's a bloke I know who makes Kydex holsters as a sideline. His work is top class.

I can get more details if you want.
    I'd appreciate that. You can PM me with his details if you like.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Deaf git wrote: »
    Don't use the oven in your kichen to cure carbon fibre mouldings, it' not worth the grief believe me....

Had a good laugh at that one :D

• Advertisement

Cass, PM sent.

Advertisement