Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant Sth Co. Dublin

Options
  • 19-10-2015 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭

Looking for a nice restaurant in Stillorgan, Dundrum, Ranelagh, Donnybrook area for a family occasion. Any cuisine considered. Must be open on a Monday however

Cheera

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I'd highly recommend the China Sichuan restaurant in Sandyford Industrial Estate, I had dinner there with a gang a few weeks ago and everybody was very pleased with the setting and the food. I go there with a mate of mine for lunch once a month or so, that was my first time having an evening meal there, much bigger selection than on the lunch menu and great food. They're open on Mondays ... http://china-sichuan.ie/

Was going to also mention Marco Pierre White's Courtyard place in Donnybrook but I see they don't open on Mondays. .. http://marcopierrewhite.ie/donnybrook/

You don't mention if you're thinking of lunch or dinner, I'd also recommend Ananda (Indian) in Dundrum for dinner, they only do lunch Fri-Sun ... http://anandarestaurant.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Cheers. It's dinner but early enough suits. China Sichuan has come up with my contacts in the area

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

my two suggestions:

Ananda in Dundrum - very good upscale Indian cooking.
    Ashton's in Clonskeagh - best pub food I've had recently

My Ranelagh knowledge is severely out of date but I've heard good things about the Butchers Grill, and look, they do a special on a Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The Arch in Churchtown above the GLenside is a good restaurant. not a million miles away from where your looking.

Or i've heard great things about Beaufield Mews in Stillorgan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Lots of choice in Ranelagh.
    Pinocchio's at the luas stop has always got solid reviews and is a lovely Italian.
    Marios and Antica Veniza are further into the village.

Siam Thai and Roly Sauls are in Dundrum.
    Anandas is supposed to be one of the best indian restaurants in the country, so well worth a look as long as everyone likes indian!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

It's a shame Brioche in Ranelagh is closed on Mondays, superb restaurant.

ted1 wrote: »
    The Arch in Churchtown above the GLenside is a good restaurant. not a million miles away from where your looking.

Or i've heard great things about Beaufield Mews in Stillorgan.

I used to live near Beaufield. Went to school in Oatlands next door. Was always a top restaurant but family in the area tell me it has gone downhill. Anyway, closed on Mondays

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Ashton's do a special on Wednesday

Don’t forget Wednesday night is steak night: 6oz Fillet on the hot rock €17. Add a pint of our Craft Ale’s or Gls House wine and its €20

magicmoves wrote: »
    Ashton's do a special on Wednesday

Don’t forget Wednesday night is steak night: 6oz Fillet on the hot rock €17. Add a pint of our Craft Ale’s or Gls House wine and its €20

Nice plug :) , very subtle

Sorry, it has to be a Monday and I'm not in to that hot rock thing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,324 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Looking for a nice restaurant in Stillorgan, Dundrum, Ranelagh, Donnybrook area for a family occasion. Any cuisine considered. Must be open on a Monday however

Cheera

If it's a family occasion with ages ranging from the very old to the young, O'Connell's in Donnybrook would be perfect. The food is of high quality and there is plenty of scope for large table without it being a noisy atmosphere (which might not appeal to the elderly). Rory O'Connell has run the Ballymaloe cookery school for decades (he's Darina's brother) and the food is probably the epitome of modern Irish so as not to scare the horses. If

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Awaaf

I think RIBA in Stillorgan is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Marcusm wrote: »
    If it's a family occasion with ages ranging from the very old to the young, O'Connell's in Donnybrook would be perfect. The food is of high quality and there is plenty of scope for large table without it being a noisy atmosphere (which might not appeal to the elderly). Rory O'Connell has run the Ballymaloe cookery school for decades (he's Darina's brother) and the food is probably the epitome of modern Irish so as not to scare the horses. If
    +1 for O'Connell's.

Went there for a family occasion before and found the food to be very good and everyone was catered for, including some very picky siblings!

Service was great bar a bit of a mix up with pre-dinner drinks, but even that was sorted relatively easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

http://www.aprilerestaurant.com/

This place is over the chipper in Stillorgan, been there twice and have to say it's lovely, cheap enough too and open on Mondays, don't think they open too late though

21/25

Thanks everyone. By family, I should explain that there will be 6 of us ranging from 20 to 50. I wouldn't go near any place that caters for young children in the evening

Shortlist is down to Siam Thai, RIBA and China Sichuan. The occasion is a celebration for my son, so he will get the final say

Much appreciated

Thanks everyone. By family, I should explain that there will be 6 of us ranging from 20 to 50. I wouldn't go near any place that caters for young children in the evening

Shortlist is down to Siam Thai, RIBA and China Sichuan. The occasion is a celebration for my son, so he will get the final say

Much appreciated

If that's the age range, think about the hibachi tables at Yo-Thai in Mount Merrion; a little bit of theatre as the food is cooked and you can slip next door to Kiely's afterwards.

Marcusm wrote: »
    If that's the age range, think about the hibachi tables at Yo-Thai in Mount Merrion; a little bit of theatre as the food is cooked and you can slip next door to Kiely's afterwards.

Long story. I'm originally from the immediate area. Whenever I visit my folks, I get a takeaway there. It's very nice, but I want a change of scene for this occasion.

As for Kielys, I usually have a few pints there as it is walking distance to my folks but it is a dirty kip (toilets are manky) and the regular barman is one of the most surly people I've ever met

Long story. I'm originally from the immediate area. Whenever I visit my folks, I get a takeaway there. It's very nice, but I want a change of scene for this occasion.

As for Kielys, I usually have a few pints there as it is walking distance to my folks but it is a dirty kip (toilets are manky) and the regular barman is one of the most surly people I've ever met

Ha ha, I feel your pain. My brother lives close by and my niece/nephews go to San Treasa's. My standards are quite high but I have still enjoyed a family night in that place. Realistically, I would avoid the uber suburban like China Sichuan, limited atmosphere and in the middle of an office parK and head into town for somewhere like Drury Buildings. The food is very good Italian by Dublin's low standards and the atmosphere is great. If you have smokers, get a balcony table.

By way of feedback, we ended up going to RIBA last night. Really nice place, friendly efficient staff and lovely food.6 in the group and not one fault in any of the courses. Well worth a visit

Advertisement