Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sensor light

Options
  • 19-10-2015 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

Hi I am living by a main road and have security cameras fitted. I got the system from Maplin few years back. The night vision is bad and I am wondering what is the best way to improve it. Could I use a sensor light but would lights from passing traffic keep putting it off. Would illuminators be of any use as the image will still be in black and white. Could I get sensor light with very accurate sensor.

Thanking You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

johnnyb6 wrote: »
    Hi I am living by a main road and have security cameras fitted. I got the system from Maplin few years back. The night vision is bad and I am wondering what is the best way to improve it. Could I use a sensor light but would lights from passing traffic keep putting it off. Would illuminators be of any use as the image will still be in black and white. Could I get sensor light with very accurate sensor.

Thanking You

Night Vision on analog cameras is not great anyway. Using the sensor light will improve the lighting in the area. Just don't have the sensor pointed out to far towards the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭johnnyb6

altor wrote: »
    Night Vision on analog cameras is not great anyway. Using the sensor light will improve the lighting in the area. Just don't have the sensor pointed out to far towards the road.

No problem have it sorted now . Thanks for the advice

No problem have it sorted now . Thanks for the advice

Glad you got it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭johnnyb6

altor wrote: »
    Glad you got it sorted.

I had to bring light down from facia as range of PIR is only 10 metres. Didn't know that

I had to bring light down from facia as range of PIR is only 10 metres. Didn't know that

There are different ranges alright.
    They are adjustable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement