Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Pavilion 15-N290SA Laptop Screen

Options
  • 20-10-2015 3:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭

This laptop took a fall and when I turn it on I get that dreaded ink mark in one corner of the screen. The display itself lights up fine but is blurred and jumpy.

The procedure to replace the screen itself looks straight forward.

If I connect the laptop to an external monitor the laptop works 100%

Am I safe in assuming that a replacement screen will fix it? or could there be any other issues such as inverter problems lurking?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Sounds like you should be ok with a new screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Replacing the screen is your option, very straight forward to do and just remember to have the battery removed when doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Replacing the screen is your option, very straight forward to do and just remember to have the battery removed when doing it.

Actually I've just pulled the screen and it was the most straight forward I've ever done. Now to find a good price on a replacement.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Replacement screen arrived yesterday, fitted it and everything is hunky dory again :)

Was happy with the cost too, 38Stg delivered.

Duggy747 wrote: »

Speaking of battery removal prior to doing any work on a laptop, I notice manufacturers are starting to ship laptops without removable batteries and an access panel for the HDD is fast disappearing too!

One example where both are missing is the ASUS X555 range.

What are users to do in cases like that when they need to replace a screen? In fact you have to really dismantle the whole shell to do anything with them now from what I can see.

• Advertisement
Advertisement