Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Progesterone Pessaries

• 20-10-2015 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Hi,

Just looking for people's experiences of using progesterone pessaries. We've been trying over a year and had 2 miscarriages. I'm currently 7weeks pregnant and had an early scan today. Thankfully all looks well. First time we ever seen a heartbeat. Hospital have given me a prescription of progesterone pessaries. If it helps this one stick I'm only too happy to use them. Anyone have an experience with these? Did they work for you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

I used them morning and night. I found the night one no problem as I was heading to sleep after inserting it, but the morning one can slip out if you get up after inserting it so I found it easier to set the alarm 1/2 an hour earlier and insert it and give it time to dissolve before getting up.

I found them a little icky, but didn't notice anything apart from that.

Hope that helps - best of luck x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Used them on both pregnancies. Just finished using them last week actually. I Only needed to use them til 12 weeks. I just put in one at night. Put it in just before you're lying down in bed. Otherwise it all comes back out. I didnt'have any noticeable side affects either time. Unfortunately I can't blame them for feeling like sh!te for the whole of the first trimester coz off em a week now and still feel just as bad!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I've been on these 3 times a day for the past 10 days, and have to stay on them until I test and if I get a BFP I'll be on them for another while.

I find them simple to use, but I am extremely tired on them, so be aware that you could have this side affect. Also get panty liners as you will have some discharge with them as they dissolve.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Lucuma wrote: »
    Used them on both pregnancies. Just finished using them last week actually. I Only needed to use them til 12 weeks. I just put in one at night. Put it in just before you're lying down in bed. Otherwise it all comes back out. I didnt'have any noticeable side affects either time. Unfortunately I can't blame them for feeling like sh!te for the whole of the first trimester coz off em a week now and still feel just as bad!

Yeah I've to use one a night now until 12 weeks also. I'm assuming it worked well in your last pregnancy? Fingers crossed it works for us. I'll try anything at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Yeah I've to use one a night now until 12 weeks also. I'm assuming it worked well in your last pregnancy? Fingers crossed it works for us. I'll try anything at this point.

Yeah last pregnancy went great. No harm using them, you never know they could be preventing a miscarriage. They're one of these things you'll never know if they did any good or not but better safe than sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

I used them for 14weeks Mir I got and night. A bit gross but I found the putting them in the back way hugely cut out the mess that they make and you will also absorb more using this way. If that's too gross for you, like the others said, pop them in 1\2 hour before you have to get up.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

I was told to put them in last thing at night. They haven't been too bad. Pop it in and go asleep. Pee first thing can be a bit frothy with all the remnants and down there can be a bit stickier during the day but nothing I can't handle. Just hope they do the trick and keep this little one in there for the long haul. Have another scan on Friday so please God this little bean is still in there and the heartbeat is still strong.

Advertisement