Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning Products (Locally)

Options
  • 20-10-2015 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Guys

Can anyone recommend somewhere local that I can buy a decent 1 piece cleaning rod for brushes etc for my .22 & .17 HMR.

Everywhere seems to sell cheap 3 piece all-in-one kits.

Thanks in advance

When I say local I mean anywhere around Dublin to Cavan, or thereabouts.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I've found that most dealers DO NOT stock either a good range or any one piece rods at all. They only stock the cheap two/three piece ones.

I always found this odd as they sell top quality guns, some that cost a small fortune and then sell a cleaning kit for it that costs €15. I ended up going abroad and even done a group buy on Bore-tech stuff.

If you cannot source one try the lads here from Intershoot. They do or can get Bore-Tech one piece rods and accessories.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

crescent sports in monkstown have one piece rods best to give them a call. (01)2808988 however neil is a gent to deal with. ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭PSXDupe

Are they still in business, that phone number is no longer in operation and it seems to be only number I can find for them online.
    juice1304 wrote: »
    crescent sports in monkstown have one piece rods best to give them a call. (01)2808988 however neil is a gent to deal with. ;):)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

That is the phone number listed for them, but i also notice on our list of firearm dealers that their website is no longer working either.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

I recently bought a Cz 455 .22 rifle from Gillilands in Monaghan. As part of the deal Sean threw in a one piece cleaning rod and a set of wildhunter brushes along with a can of brunox. I have since switched to using cleaning felts from intershoot but I still use the rod he gave me. Maybe try them if your up that neck of the woods

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

if you don't get one local, Eugene McCosker in Lifford Co Donegal has them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

I got one in range river mountain in tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bluezulu49

juice1304 wrote: »

Crescent sports are no longer operating from The Crescent in Monkstown. Sign in their window says they are relocating and gives a mobile number for those wishing to collect goods. It also thanks their customers who have supported them over the years.

Sounds like they are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Stiletto72

I didn't realise that they were gone and dropped down there this morning to find a jewellery shop in it's place.
    Did they ever reopen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Jimmy McBride has one piece rods and a variety of patches, swear by the vfg cleaning felts myself which he doesn't carry, but has a good selection nevertheless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Rosahane

A selection of one piece rods available in Hilltop also!

Advertisement