Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

steering controls, annoying message (Opel Astra)

Options
  • 20-10-2015 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hello,

Last year I bought a second-hand 09 Opel Astra. I have never been able to resolve a minor but irritating problem with the sound system, specifically the radio.

According to the manual, I should be able to switch between programmed stations using a certain button on the left of the steering wheel. However, whenever I press this button a female voice says. 'Telephone is not plugged in'.

I don't want to use the mobile phone system that comes with the car. I have disconnected Bluetooth on the display screen and deleted all mobile phones.

What else can I do to get rid of this irritating message? More importantly how can I change stations safely while driving?

Hope someone familiar with the Opel sound system can help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is it not a turny wheel thing for changing stations?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sanguine Fan

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Is it not a turny wheel thing for changing stations?

No. There are two little wheels on the steering wheel controls: the one on the rights changes the volume and the right one switches between the different displays on the little screen.

Advertisement