Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary School Teacher Training

• 20-10-2015 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I am interested in pursuing a career in primary school teaching, however it’s a total career change for me and I’m wondering if anyone can offer any insight as to how I can go about it. I hold a University Diploma in Financial Services, however I’ve researched the entry requirements for the teaching courses and all state that I must hold a degree. Has anyone gone through this process at a similar level and how long did it take? I am considering going to UK to train if the entry requirements are more flexible...any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thank you 

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Teach1 wrote: »
    Hi, I am interested in pursuing a career in primary school teaching, however it’s a total career change for me and I’m wondering if anyone can offer any insight as to how I can go about it. I hold a University Diploma in Financial Services, however I’ve researched the entry requirements for the teaching courses and all state that I must hold a degree. Has anyone gone through this process at a similar level and how long did it take? I am considering going to UK to train if the entry requirements are more flexible...any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thank you 
    There is no alternative, you will need to go back and do primary school teaching as a degree, it won't matter whether you do it here of in the UK

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

And before you do, please be aware of the wage cuts ,the lack of even temporary jobs so that hundreds of qualified and experienced teachers are competing for a few hours work, the extra unpaid hours we have been forced to do. Go into it with your eyes open.

Advertisement