Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

mapaca wrote: »

I'm hoping Liz has some evil plot up her sleeve to get her own back on Tony! (Don't want to hear any spoilers, just hoping that's where it's headed!)

You give the writers more credit than I do.

Regarding Ken. He's lonely. He lives with Tracey for flips sake. How he isnt on half a bottle of scotch a day is a miracle. In Audrey I think he sought companionship, similar age group, also alone etc. Yer one Nessa is laying on all the charms and he hasnt bitten yet. I think he is being harshly critisised. That said it could just be a producer and a team of writers who know their cards are marked. New producer coming in. She'll want her own writing staff with fresh ideas. I've been practically sleeping through episodes recently, Id imagine the writers are doing the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

fin12 wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble with the utv player, it wont upload videos, or when it does it only plays the first half of the video and wont come back for the second part. Ive tried between 2 different wifi's so its not the internet.

Try upgrading your flash player. Usually does the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I would have liked to see Audrey and Ken growing close and gradually realising there was a spark between them, and okay, then Nessa could be doing her best to get Ken, it could be quite funny.

I know that soap timelines have to move differently, but the Corrie writers drag boring stuff out endlessly (e.g the whole Max custody stuff, Gandy story etc), and then rush something like this, which could be potentially far more entertaining.

Audrey is one of my favourite characters. I'm happy to see her, and some of the other 'oldies' back on screen. I couldn't take much more of the endless lightweights that pass for actors, currently trying to carry storylines.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Anyone else having trouble with the utv player, it wont upload videos, or when it does it only plays the first half of the video and wont come back for the second part. Ive tried between 2 different wifi's so its not the internet.

I get that too, or it gets stuck on an ad.
    On the old one, it wasn't too bad as it would give you the option to 'resume' but now you have to play it all again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

syklops wrote: »
    You give the writers more credit than I do.

Regarding Ken. He's lonely. He lives with Tracey for flips sake. How he isnt on half a bottle of scotch a day is a miracle. In Audrey I think he sought companionship, similar age group, also alone etc. Yer one Nessa is laying on all the charms and he hasnt bitten yet. I think he is being harshly critisised. That said it could just be a producer and a team of writers who know their cards are marked. New producer coming in. She'll want her own writing staff with fresh ideas. I've been practically sleeping through episodes recently, Id imagine the writers are doing the same.

Yeah,in fairness maybe the writers are trying to stay true to Ken's character. Although he loved Deidre,he always had a roving eye & was always on the lookout for someone he perceived as better. No reason for his habit of a lifetime to change now that she's dead - in fact less reason for it to. I think it's more to do with the fact that the actress is also dead which makes it uncomfortable for us as viewers,it seems disrespectful or something. But really the show must go on I suppose & Ken is,in his own words,reverting to form.

• Advertisement

loved Amy winding up Liz last night

anyone recommend any good soap spoilers website since digital soy decided to be rubbish and changed its layout :(

edit I found Soap Squawk its a good alternative sadly they are on Facebook also to follow spoilers

Christmas day on corrie looking for be awful with Fiz Tyrone and the rest of that family with lapland on the street Corrie never been dramatic at Christmas though EE and Emmerdale pull out all the stops at Christmas and new years

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

spurious wrote: »
    I get that too, or it gets stuck on an ad.
    On the old one, it wasn't too bad as it would give you the option to 'resume' but now you have to play it all again.

Thanks I actually ended up watching it on Dailymotion last night, was very good quality as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

am I the only one not feeling the Fiz, Tyrone and Hope sadness don't get me wrong it's an awful situation to be in and I have a little one about hopes age but something is missing maybe I don't like Tyrone and Fiz as much as other characters so i'm not bothered:o:o also ever time I think of Hope being sick I just think ah she's an actress:( now in saying all that I will probably be the first to ball my eyes out come the Christmas day episode:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

casio4 wrote: »
    am I the only one not feeling the Fiz, Tyrone and Hope sadness don't get me wrong it's an awful situation to be in and I have a little one about hopes age but something is missing maybe I don't like Tyrone and Fiz as much as other characters so i'm not bothered:o:o also ever time I think of Hope being sick I just think ah she's an actress:( now in saying all that I will probably be the first to ball my eyes out come the Christmas day episode:)

that would be a massive leap between not being bothered to balling your eyes out! i think most people just feel the story is very sad and well written and realistic. Personally balling your eyes out is a bit much if you dont feel the story now!

Same here casio. Not feeling it. Partly because, in my opinion, Jennie McAlpine is incapable of carrying the storyline. No bawling for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Aw Daniel O'Donnell now owns the top in which Kylie killed Callum. There's a good story in there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Not sure if its Fiz or Hope is the problem but definitely not getting the sadness across. Tyrone is doing very well but after that ...nope not feeling it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Aw Daniel O'Donnell now owns the top in which Kylie killed Callum. There's a good story in there :D

Maybe Nina can spare 5 minutes to write an article!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Jenny McAlpine drives me mental. The way she does that starey, slightly cross eyed thing when she doesn't blink...like she's trying to summon up tears... just irritates me so much I can't connect to the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Simon the Raging back again. I'd forgotten this pish storyline.

La_Gordy wrote: »

he needs a good slap :D

La_Gordy wrote: »

I had hoped the scriptwriters would conveniently forget about him. Absolutely pish storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 RedPixie4

honest to god, Simon is the worst!
    that "made ye flinch" move was so terrible, I actually laughed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I can't believe they have Liz and Tony together again. Couldn't see Ken and Audrey together. Will Kylie crack up before xmas?? Hope things be ok for Gary and Alya. Be interesting how it turn out for Jason after it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,701 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

doovdela wrote: »
    I can't believe they have Liz and Tony together again. Couldn't see Ken and Audrey together. Will Kylie crack up before xmas?? Hope things be ok for Gary and Alya. Be interesting how it turn out for Jason after it all.

I think Liz is playing Tony, getting revenge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭sharpey85

When was the last time Kirk had a serious or challenging storyline. Just seems he is there for the dim one liners which are running very thin.

Surely the actor must be bored. Although easy money I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

I'd call him and a few more "cute hoors," to just plod along and pay the mortgage while he can get it. Acting is a tough gig and he's got a great gig in Corrie. None of this I need new challenges cobblers.

my god Simon someone kick the **** out of that little **** :mad:

only Soap on tomorrow night is Corrie :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,079 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Even David wasn't as evil as Simon seems to be turning out to be. :eek:

and only one episode :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Feck sake, Do you know why there is only one soap on tomorrow?

Feck sake, Do you know why there is only one soap on tomorrow?

Children in Need BBC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Corrie at 7pm, Spain V England (friendly) at 7:30 and on BBC no enders as it's Children in Need.

• Advertisement

The actor who plays Roy is leaving for three months to do a play

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement