Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought she told Rob to have visiting order sent to the shop

she did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

How bloody obvious is it that Anna and Kevin are going to get together?

Soaps seems to have lost the ability to surprise us anymore; it's always obvious when a couple are going to get together....it was the same with Carla and Nick; two people who never normally talk or have reason to chat suddenly come together for the odd chat on the street and give each other knowing glances and before you know it, they're an item.

Same with Anna and Kevin; when have you ever seen them talk before and now they're gazing at each other like lovestruck teenagers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Missed a bit of episode last night.
    What was the problem with Steve coming home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,864 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why has David moved out on the kids before Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Sure it wouldnt be Soapland if something horrible didnt happen at Christmas:p

• Advertisement

SAMTALK wrote: »
    Sure it wouldnt be Soapland if something horrible didnt happen at Christmas:p

Watching soaps makes us feel better about our ****ty lifes ok lol

missing socks and highlighter pens jesus Aiden

I must admit I thought the highlighter pens was stupid but in the seocnd episode where he mentioned good news & bad news and the good news was he found his highlighter pens destroyed me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I didn't see last night's episodes but I read somewhere that Andy broke his leg, and that is why Steve is staying longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Because he doesn't feel Kylie trusts him. Tbh, it's a plot that doesn't make sense because why does he suddenly care whether she trusts him or not. He doesn't come across as someone who would move out for that reason alone. Him moving out of the house came out of the blue and it's just not a natural turn of events.

missing socks and highlighter pens jesus Aiden

I must admit I thought the highlighter pens was stupid but in the seocnd episode where he mentioned good news & bad news and the good news was he found his highlighter pens destroyed me

I thought when he was looking for the pens, he would find Johnny's dna kit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

So they can get back together for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Ah lads, Corrie really has gone to the dogs!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭bobbyss

What exactly are the circumstances of Rob making contact with Johnny? That he thinks Johnny is Carla's father? To bribe him? If Johnny himself has had any suspicions about his paternity all these years, why didn't he do something about it? If Aiden is a cousin, would he not have had any simiiar inklings? I can never make out who all these Connors' people are. Who is related to who.

I missed Rob saying something about how he actually might be getting out of prison soon. Something about the judge? Anyone know? Key points like that seem to be glossed over a lot in Corrie.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

His twin Andy broke his leg while putting up lights, or something like that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

bobbyss wrote: »
    I missed Rob saying something about how he actually might be getting out of prison soon. Something about the judge? Anyone know? Key points like that seem to be glossed over a lot in Corrie.

I think he was making all that up to put the willies up RTracy. What his actual game plan is, I don't know, but he won't be letting her away with dobbing him in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

How many times have David and Kylie broken up. It's so stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

David maybe a better option for Eva, Aiden way too exciting with missing socks and highlighter pens :p

Dave and Eva just don't fit together somehow. Thank Christ Eva laughed him off.
    fussyonion wrote: »
    How bloody obvious is it that Anna and Kevin are going to get together?

Same with Anna and Kevin; when have you ever seen them talk before and now they're gazing at each other like lovestruck teenagers.

I said that a week ago. Rubbish story, they aren't suited to each other. The blonde that Kevin was on a date with suited him somehow. I'd like them to get together. Kev is better off with her than Psycho-Anna.

The moment Michelle went "Ya what" to Steve, I turned around and said to those assembled that Andy just broke his leg. Either I'm a genius or Corrie is desperately predictable.
    Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Ah lads, Corrie really has gone to the dogs!!

Gone to the Meerkats whoa re the most entertaining part of the show these days.

spurious wrote: »
    I think he was making all that up to put the willies up RTracy. What his actual game plan is, I don't know, but he won't be letting her away with dobbing him in.

Most probably it is a concoction by Rob, I agree, but what did he actually say? What was the actual reason he gave?

Most probably it is a concoction by Rob, I agree, but what did he actually say? What was the actual reason he gave?

That the detective women who investigated his case is being investigated herself for leaking information on cases and general malpractice and that it looks like she's going to prison herself. This would impact on his own case, even though he admitted guilt, and that his lawyer said it would be quashed.

But yeah, he is just making it up to make Tracy believe he's getting out which is the only way he can mess up her life from inside.

monkey9 wrote: »
    That the detective women who investigated his case is being investigated herself for leaking information on cases and general malpractice and that it looks like she's going to prison herself. This would impact on his own case, even though he admitted guilt, and that his lawyer said it would be quashed.

You are a good listener. You should be a lawyer yourself! I may have nodded off at that point.

But really what tosh. Am sure the scriptwriters sat down and said as the actor who plays Rob is now free again after his sabbatical we need him back on the small screen. How do we do it? They can't really say the whole Tracy thing was just a dream so they concoct that drivel.

• Advertisement

Liz should go spend Christmas with her boys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Tracey is looking well.

I thought when he was looking for the pens, he would find Johnny's dna kit

That would have made perfect sense but may have taken from the excitement of the pens storyline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I dont even pay attention to this anymore when its on but that have you seen my highlighter pens/lucky socks sh1t really pissed me off, its just unwatchable anymore, the same small selection of scenes and cliches being done over and over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Gail is very friendly with Michael, if that was me I wouldn't be so forgiving if me husband of, what, 6 weeks shacked up with a neighbor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Gail is very friendly with Michael, if that was me I wouldn't be so forgiving if me husband of, what, 6 weeks shacked up with a neighbor.

I don't think him and Eileen are suited to each other at all, they always seem to be fighting. Its so windy here, Storm Eve......

Thargor wrote: »
    I dont even pay attention to this anymore when its on but that have you seen my highlighter pens/lucky socks sh1t really pissed me off, its just unwatchable anymore, the same small selection of scenes and cliches being done over and over again.

Yeah.
    I am tired of it too.
    It is so poorly written. Returning characters always seem to walk into a job in Underworld or the Rovers'. Nobody seems to have any ambitions.
    Mary and that Brendan chap. Just awful. Any time you see Anna now immediately are going to see Kev. Whereas up to recently I hardly ever saw them in the same scene, now it's all hearts a fluttering. That is just pitiful, pitiful writing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

fin12 wrote: »
    I don't think him and Eileen are suited to each other at all, they always seem to be fighting. Its so windy here, Storm Eve......

Mary and Michael.... :) I think they'd be well suited!...... Storm Eve, don't send her this way.

Yeah.
    I am tired of it too.
    It is so poorly written. Returning characters always seem to walk into a job in Underworld or the Rovers'. Nobody seems to have any ambitions.
    Mary and that Brendan chap. Just awful. Any time you see Anna now immediately are going to see Kev. Whereas up to recently I hardly ever saw them in the same scene, now it's all hearts a fluttering. That is just pitiful, pitiful writing.

Sure it was the same with Peter and Tina, had been living on the street for years hardly ever spoke to each other and then all of a sudden they're having an affair with each other.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Red Kev wrote: »
    Gone to the Meerkats whoa re the most entertaining part of the show these days.

I did actually say, the way things are going, Ken will be given a cameo for the intro for the new top Brit Soap The Meerkats of Morissey Avenue. A family of Macedonian Meerkats living in Manchester.

They should recast Andy already

So mammy Connor is dead, glad that was acknowledged finally

Awwww....just happened to be chopping onions when Hope showed up.

Kitchy but effective.

*Sniff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

The Anna/Kevin story is ridiculous!

Snowball cocktails mentioned in EastEnders and now Corrie, never heard of them before, anyone ever try them?

• Advertisement

Merry Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

great to see Kevin have such fun in the winter wonderland playground......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Sally the snob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Where did the snow come from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

anyone else think Carla and Nick look like a mother and her overgrown manchild, dragging him about and him hanging on her every word and order....

• Advertisement

anyone else think Carla and Nick look like a mother and her overgrown manchild, dragging him about and him hanging on her every word and order....

I'd gladly be that overgrown man child. She's a fox

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Where did the snow come from?

A snow machine presumably

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

nice one Leanne putting that snowball in Tracys face :D

fin12 wrote: »
    Snowball cocktails mentioned in EastEnders and now Corrie, never heard of them before, anyone ever try them?

They were a very popular drink in the 70s and 80s. Came in the same size bottle as Banycham. Haven't seen it in Ireland in years.

Christ Sally is some sexy minx. I always fancied her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Sugary sweet and a nice episode tonight, watching it I thought it would be better without the Tracy drama but Leannes snowball at the end made it worthwhile :-D

Coronation Street was also good tonight I enjoyed the Christmas episode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Link to the Coronation Street Text Santa video 2015. Proves that some of the actors can still act: http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid4581640865001?bckey=AQ~~,AAACT2hWexE~,QV-ElXQT89VmbT1YpZKDEso19pi-AZXN&bctid=4667657789001

Debbie Rush made a great Elsie Tanner:

2F748B6000000578-0-image-m-111_1450357621041.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Watched last night the first in around 2 months and have 3 questions:

Who did Sarah sleep with?
    What is Mary's man story about, does he even exist?
    What has Tony have on Aidns father?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

^ I've only been watching here & there lately - Sarah's baby is Callum's, and Mary's fella is married (she knows this) & stood her up last night, dunno about the last one though!

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Watched last night the first in around 2 months and have 3 questions:

Who did Sarah sleep with?
    What is Mary's man story about, does he even exist?
    What has Tony have on Aidns father?

I think you mean Rob in prison. It looks like Aiden's father could also be Carla's father. He's sent off a DNA swab for proof.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement