Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

monkey9 wrote: »
    I think you mean Rob in prison. It looks like Aiden's father could also be Carla's father. He's sent off a DNA swab for proof.

Yeah that's the one.
    ^ I've only been watching here & there lately - Sarah's baby is Callum's, and Mary's fella is married (she knows this) & stood her up last night, dunno about the last one though!

Have the viewers seem him, if so is he a fruit loop like Mary. well matched?

Jasus Shayne ward must be mentally and physically exhausted from these major storylines. He's now organising a table tennis tournament. :eek:

His relations on YouTube were right 'it takes a Ward to be a king!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

1916652_1842689925957682_5830678860634146733_n.jpg?oh=f78b755409884590891e6318c6809026&oe=570EE628

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,871 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The old Leanne Battersby would have wiped the floor with Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

monkey9 wrote:
    Because he doesn't feel Kylie trusts him. Tbh, it's a plot that doesn't make sense because why does he suddenly care whether she trusts him or not. He doesn't come across as someone who would move out for that reason alone. Him moving out of the house came out of the blue and it's just not a natural turn of events.

And how come Sarah is all "David has a heart" all of a sudden after making persistent efforts to convince her he's some class of Michael Myers psychopath??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

David runs hot and cold, there's no way you'd be able to figure him out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

Did the chung wan get cured of her cancer at Christmas???

Gaygooner wrote: »
    Did the chung wan get cured of her cancer at Christmas???

What 'chung wan?

What 'chung wan?

Hope

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Gaygooner wrote: »
    Hope

No. She was just let out fort the day.

Tyrone has to be massively in debt now. There could be a good story around his payday lenders. Some companies like Wonga are just parasites. If they do decide to do a story along those lines lets hope Blackburn is well and truly gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Red Kev wrote: »
    No. She was just let out fort the day.

Tyrone has to be massively in debt now. There could be a good story around his payday lenders. Some companies like Wonga are just parasites. If they do decide to do a story along those lines lets hope Blackburn is well and truly gone.

I think he steals from the garage. :-(

MelanieC wrote: »
    I think he steals from the garage. :-(

He is 10,000 in debt, speaking of which hoe do I make a spoiler on my iPhone?

He is 10,000 in debt, speaking of which hoe do I make a spoiler on my iPhone?

Type
    and

Type
    and

Click on reply and you'll see how to do it.

The amount of visits Rob gets as a convicted murderer is ridiculous. He just fires out visiting orders to Johnny, Robert and several to Tracey in the past month. It's like a holiday camp.

Quick Google shows it's two visits a month, three in exceptional circumstances. Why do they persist with something that's obviously nonsense.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1999/728/article/35/made

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Corrie about to go all Star Wars

You think I'll get one of those scarfs in penny's 😂

You think I'll get one of those scarfs in penny's 😂

Maybe not in that colour. Try Tesco!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Sarah didn't know she was pregnant a couple of weeks ago, by Christmas day she had a bump big enough to rest a cup of tea on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Maybe its the perve in me, but would it not have been more epic if by some drunken mistake Johnny's gay daughter kissed(or even groped) Karla, and then Karla found out about her real relationship with Johnny?

It would have been a lot more shocking than this Meh-fest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

So this story will be Carl's exit for a break? Also what was the thing between Tracy/Rob at the end (missed all 2nd show till end) is Rob setting them up or something?

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    So this story will be Carl's exit for a break? Also what was the thing between Tracy/Rob at the end (missed all 2nd show till end) is Rob setting them up or something?

I found out last week Carla only leaving for a year which is great I thought she was leaving for good, also did Gary get a makeover he's hot now

syklops wrote: »
    Maybe its the perve in me, but would it not have been more epic if by some drunken mistake Johnny's gay daughter kissed(or even groped) Karla, and then Karla found out about her real relationship with Johnny?

I like your thinking! Please, please submit your ideas to them! The drivel they are serving up is beyond awful! (No mention of how Carla was married to one cousin and had an affair with another!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

Is Robs comeback over now? I like Rob as a character but its all a bit pointless

Is Robs comeback over now? I like Rob as a character but its all a bit pointless

Say he'll be back. Insane not to. Brilliant actor. An older David platt in many ways

Edit: although nutty Blackburn is writing the show so he might just come back to collect his pair of socks :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

I havent watched Corrie regularly in quite a while but just IMO the show has never recovered from losing Tina, Peter Barlow and Rob all around the same period. Too many nothing characters who've been around many years.

I found out last week Carla only leaving for a year which is great I thought she was leaving for good, also did Gary get a makeover he's hot now

Gary was always hot

Carla & Michelle & Sally. Please God let it happen.

He shaved the goatee/beard thingy off. Didn't suit him.

Shows how pointless and shortsighted the story of him murdering Tina and being caught was. He got 25 years, which will be 14-15 anyway. They've already done a stupid prison exit on a technically story (Tracey). So they can hardly do another one. Pity, as he was an excellent baddie. He played the Tina story well, but they should have let him go on the run with a potential for a return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Why is Carla leaving the show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

The usual "pursue other projects" thing. I presume that will be a 9pm Monday night drama on ITV, an episode of Casualty and then back later in 2016.

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    Why is Carla leaving the show?

Only for a year just a break

What I don't get is, Carla must be 40ish. She's been in t'Street for about 10 years and was no spring chicken then. That makes her a good 10 years older than Johnnys other 2 kids, so what's the problem?

I think Carla has a drink problem :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Carla has a drink problem :p

its ridiculous at this stage. is she ever without a wine bottle!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Twice tonight it was mentioned Tyrone does still own part of the garage, in which case why is he normally treated like a lacky and given no respect. He almost bows to Kevin and seems to have no say in the expansion plans that Kevin and Sophie are going ahead with.

I don't give a monkeys who Carlas dad is as it's little more than an exit plot. I must be one of the few who like Carla and Nick together and am disappointed the writers are going down the cheating route.

Carla and Johnny look near enough around same age

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I really like Karla and Nick together....... I think Johnny was no more than 21 years old when karla was born, I think he was between 19 and 21 when she was born.... I hate when Karla goes into self destruct mode..........

fin12 wrote: »
    I really like Karla and Nick together....... I think Johnny was no more than 21 years old when karla was born, I think he was between 19 and 21 when she was born.... I hate when Karla goes into self destruct mode..........

If he fathered Carla when he was a single lad, what's the problem with telling his other 2 children? Silly storyline, like a lot of Corrie at the moment. WTF is the Emily volunteering nonsense? All they have to do is not have her in any story and she won't be missed! An 80 year old going volunteering? Beyond silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

piperh wrote: »
    I don't give a monkeys who Carlas dad is as it's little more than an exit plot. I must be one of the few who like Carla and Nick together and am disappointed the writers are going down the cheating route.

Same here. I like them together, I didn't think it would work well, but it has done, in my opinion. The Carla / Johnny storyline is just ridiculous, and boring as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Silly storyline, like a lot of Corrie at the moment. WTF is the Emily volunteering nonsense? All they have to do is not have her in any story and she won't be missed! An 80 year old going volunteering? Beyond silly.

And the young vicar encouraging her. Ridiculous.

WTF is the Emily volunteering nonsense? All they have to do is not have her in any story and she won't be missed! An 80 year old going volunteering? Beyond silly.

Totally agree. Why not have her going to visit Mavis or something, or do the current writers not even know that Mavis existed...probably not.
    The idea of an elderly, frail looking woman trying to even make such a trip to Peru, not to mention trying to adapt to a completely different climate, and so on, is just another nail in the coffin of Corrie's credibility, in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Now. How many of you thought that the moment Tyrone got hold of that money box that someone was gong to walk in and say Tyrone, what's going on? What the hell are you playing at?

How many? Yes I thought so.

At this stage we could write the plot ourselves. Painting by numbers ie script writing by numbers. Terrible.

Same for Emily story. Embarrassingly bad. The Carla thing is way over the top. Get a grip will you.

When characters leave for a 6 month break like Enily why does she have to go somewhere stupid why why can't she just disappear and come back a leaving story is not needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

bobbyss wrote: »
    Now. How many of you thought that the moment Tyrone got hold of that money box that someone was gong to walk in and say Tyrone, what's going on? What the hell are you playing at?

At this stage we could write the plot ourselves. Painting by numbers ie script writing by numbers. Terrible.

Same for Emily story. Embarrassingly bad. The Carla thing is way over the top. Get a grip will you.

But did you not see the intense drama that was the ping-pong game at Underworld??!!
    I had to laugh coz I'd just watched Shirley trying to murder her rapist son by holding him down in the bath over on EastEnders and then switched on Corrie to see half the cast playing ping-pong and Ken's one hurt her ankle on a bikeride!! Things have never been so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Totally agree. Why not have her going to visit Mavis or something, or do the current writers not even know that Mavis existed...probably not.
    The idea of an elderly, frail looking woman trying to even make such a trip to Peru, not to mention trying to adapt to a completely different climate, and so on, is just another nail in the coffin of Corrie's credibility, in my opinion.

She mentioned her nephew Jeffrey, AKA Spider the other night. I assumed it was a prelude to him making a return. Instead she is now going off to Peru for 6 months.

Norris was showing Rita how to use a tablet. Apparently to scroll you need to use 2 fingers. Not on my tablet, or my OH's or my Mas. And it was black so it wasn't an iPad.

Does anyone else have a tablet that uses 2-finger scroll?

• Advertisement

She mentioned her nephew Jeffrey, AKA Spider the other night. I assumed it was a prelude to him making a return. Instead she is now going off to Peru for 6 months.

Norris was showing Rita how to use a tablet. Apparently to scroll you need to use 2 fingers. Not on my tablet, or my OH's or my Mas. And it was black so it wasn't an iPad.

Does anyone else have a tablet that uses 2-finger scroll?

I find 2 fingers to scroll very difficult... I just use 2 fingers to zoom, SNIP

Mod:

Less of this thanks

I had read beforehand that she was going to join Spider in Peru. As usual then it practically happens overnight. Ridiculous stuff.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I had read beforehand that she was going to join Spider in Peru. As usual then it practically happens overnight. Ridiculous stuff.

It might be more believable if she died as a result of an adverse reaction to the various inoculations she'll need before travelling.

bobbyss wrote: »

And Tyrone was supposed to tell Fizz last night but didn't because just as he was about to say something she breaks down in tears. So the next step is that she hears it from someone else, so cue Fizzz......'but whaayyy Ty ? Whhaaaayyyyy didn't ye tell me Ty......'

It's awful.

Oh yeah, Ken Barlow has three facial expressions, we got a glimpse of nr.3 last night after Audrey told him a few truths....'pensive, deep in thought Ken'

Red Kev wrote: »
    And Tyrone was supposed to tell Fizz last night but didn't because just as he was about to say something she breaks down in tears. So the next step is that she hears it from someone else, so cue Fizzz......'but whaayyy Ty ? Whhaaaayyyyy didn't ye tell me Ty......'

It's awful.

Oh yeah, Ken Barlow has three facial expressions, we got a glimpse of nr.3 last night after Audrey told him a few truths....'pensive, deep in thought Ken'

I thought he just had indigestion or was constipated.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement