Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I watched that ^^ episode a while back. Really well done, and so sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I was wondering where Gail went off to! It is hard to know will Sarah crack under the pressure or will Kylie cave in and come clean. Probably be drawn out till Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

32 years today since Kevin Webster first arrived, so ITV have released his first scene http://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/characters/kevin-webster

David gone all Nidge I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Christ who are this new suddenly appeared family of Carla? Not been mentioned or seen for a decade but now they are all helping her with the factory lol.
    They're rubbish btw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Good to see the "old" David back. :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

What a ridiculous story about the car racing????? A wimpy man blackmailing a guy who he's clearly scared sh1tless of to drive or you will stick naked pictures of his sister on the Internet.

Give over.

They could at least have made it a bit more believable by making your man tough.

Calum, David and now Luke sleezy mate. Corrie doesn't half make its "bad boys" wimpy and camp, do they.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

If they were only stored on the phone could he not have smacked him, took the phone and smashed it and removed the memory card?

If they were only stored on the phone could he not have smacked him, took the phone and smashed it and removed the memory card?

Ah but he has probably copied and pasted in advance and backed them up to Google photos and dropbox ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Yer man said "Theres plenty more where that came from". Also he'd have to be the dumbest black mailer to walk the cobbles since Calum to not back up his pictures.

its nonsense. Like the police and his mother refusing to believe Callum was a criminal despite his unemployed lavish lifestyle, sarah buying her criminal psycho brothers advice that she will be the 1 blamed for the murder or Anna letting a psycho blackmail and sh#g her to write off a debt

so many holes in every story!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,701 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Erica is to get with Kevin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Smack him, take phone, tell Steph, tell police/courts. If the photos ever come out, he goes in the klink. But that's the logical thing to do. Could be an interesting story, but I don't hold much hope for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

road_high wrote: »
    Christ who are this new suddenly appeared family of Carla? Not been mentioned or seen for a decade but now they are all helping her with the factory lol.
    They're rubbish btw.

The daughter (Gareth Gate's gf in real life, remember him?) is easy on the eye. Her character is a lesbian as well :-)

LynnGrace wrote: »

Now that one is extremely disappointing. He was only one of a few decent characters of late, David, Steve, Kylie, Roy and Tim and Sally being a few others. They never have really got the best out of his character and I expect they won't and his departure will be anti climatic and become predictable weeks before it happens.

Well at least Dull Maria has f'ed off for a few months. It's the small things like that that may pull the show out of its cauldron! That and maybe a viewing of Steph's secret bit of amateur film...... (strictly for dramatic purposes of course.... 😉)

But yeah, that character was great! Even made the onscreen scenes with New Todd a bit more bearable.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Corrie rarely shows anyone visiting a cemetery

True. I think one of the few times recently, was Gail randomly visiting real Gavin's grave, (to talk to him :p), in order that David could find out the truth about Gandy.

And that Richard Hawley (Johnny Connors) actor is appalling as is his character!!

Speaking of Johnny Connors did you know Shayne Ward comes from an Irish traveller family. I think his father was a traveller and only settled when he met Shayne mother. Genuine fact.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    True. I think one of the few times recently, was Gail randomly visiting real Gavin's grave, (to talk to him :p), in order that David could find out the truth about Gandy.

Yet she wouldn't dare go near the father of her two eldest children's grave nor Tina s fathers grave nor her baby granddaughters grave nor Alfs nor Alma etc etc etc

Sure she never even visits Dicky Hillmans corpse!!

• Advertisement

And that Richard Hawley (Johnny Connors) actor is appalling as is his character!!

Speaking of Johnny Connors did you know Shayne Ward comes from an Irish traveller family. I think his father was a traveller and only settled when he met Shayne mother. Genuine fact.

Shayne plays Aidan Connor not Connors :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,368 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Still, making the dad John connor- someone was having a bit of a joke given his traveller background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Corrie rarely shows anyone visiting a cemetery

Did Todd and Sarah also name their son Billy?

Except Gail visiting the Real Gavins grave which was ridiculous.

you get what im getting t. I use the extra S for artistic licence......... I will be keeping a close eye on your spelling of names henceforth if that the game of pedanticity (again artistic licence being used here!) you want to play so beware!!

:D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

mickdw wrote: »
    Still, making the dad John connor- someone was having a bit of a joke given his traveller background.

No, that's always been the family name. A funny coincidence but ;)

The dad is terrible btw. I thought in his first few scenes he might be alright but that restaurant scene gave him a pishy script of drinking his way through a business meeting and he was heavy overacting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

mickdw wrote: »

John Connor is also a character in the Terminator movies ;)

Brian McFadden was apparently also in the running to play Aidan :p

no thank you :mad:

La_Gordy wrote: »
    The dad is terrible btw. I thought in his first few scenes he might be alright but that restaurant scene gave him a pishy script of drinking his way through a business meeting and he was heavy overacting.

Same here, I thought he might have an okay part, but that scene in the Bistro was so boring, and predictable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

But he was busy hanging out with Z list celebrities watching them doing their dishes. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement