Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Is Eileen for f***ing real?!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,740 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm watching on plus one whilst Eileen mightn't have being the brightest person in the World she wasn't a fool either until she got that electric car. She must charge it off her head because she has no where else to charge it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,258 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm watching on plus one whilst Eileen mightn't have being the brightest person in the World she wasn't a fool either until she got that electric car. She must charge it off her head because she has no where else to charge it!

In fairness, Phelan is a master manipulator.
    He could persuade the blind they had sight.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,286 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tim is called as a witness, he's forced to admit that he and Gary encouraged Seb to change his story. Anna's heart sinks, while Phelan looks like the cat who's got the cream.

As the judge sums up the case, what will be the verdict?

Meanwhile, when Craig is called to a fracas at the lap-dancing club, he's appalled to see that Gary has been beaten up. Craig takes Bethany home, where devoid of any shame, she tells Sarah that she's been working as a lap-dancer and Gary came into the club and tried to grope her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Tim is called as a witness, he's forced to admit that he and Gary encouraged Seb to change his story. Anna's heart sinks, while Phelan looks like the cat who's got the cream.

Meanwhile, when Craig is called to a fracas at the lap-dancing club, he's appalled to see that Gary has been beaten up. Craig takes Bethany home, where devoid of any shame, she tells Sarah that she's been working as a lap-dancer and Gary came into the club and tried to grope her.

OH, :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,820 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

would they ever stop with the 'wild' storylines
    why would Gary grope bethany?

I saw the David rape story line mentioned.
    He strikes up a friendship with the new mechanic Josh and he wakes up and feels funny and he was date raped.

Papa Platt aka Martin is returning for this

We've already had Bethany having that weird crush on Gary and trying to seduce him in a hotel room. If she accuses him of trying to grope her, is anyone really going to believe her?

Honestly, I think Craig should have spilled the beans on where she is working. "Bethany knows best" has been such a recurring theme in her story and theres never been a happy ending. A sexual abuse survivor who opts to work as a lap dancer when she doesn't needed to is in my opinion still damaged from her ordeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,740 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Papa Platt aka Martin is returning for this

The people who were born when he left are almost teenagers now. I didn't relies he was gone so long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,155 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

There is a chargepoint around the corner from the pub.
    It's visible in a few scenes/

https://speakev.com/threads/charge-master-on-coronation-street.16739/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Did his bottom hurt LOL :D

I hope the David storyline doesn't invite more of these kind of comments.

Agreed
    Rape of females is not treated with this sort of derision.
    Male rape is a thing, it happens, and for the man involved is no laughing matter

Imagine if it happened to you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭McSween

The people who were born when he left are almost teenagers now. I didn't relies he was gone so long.

They’ll all know each other despite the fact they have never met.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Martin was a nurse wasn't he? Any vacancies in the medical centre? Sure he could come back as a doctor !

jeez cant we say anything in jest these days? - why have we become and are becoming so sensitized and politically correct - i meant no malice at all to anyone, it really was meant as a joke, maybe not a very funny one but still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭optogirl

jeez cant we say anything in jest these days? - why have we become and are becoming so sensitized and politically correct - i meant no malice at all to anyone, it really was meant as a joke, maybe not a very funny one but still.

Well if it was a rape story about a woman would you have made that joke? I understand you are not trying to be callous but being raped is not really something to have a laugh about

ELM327 wrote: »
    Agreed
    Rape of females is not treated with this sort of derision.
    Male rape is a thing, it happens, and for the man involved is no laughing matter

Imagine if it happened to you!

your anallysing it too much me thinks .. when I made that Joke/comment at not one stage did I ever think about people being raped ... because it was just said as a flippant harmless joke .. but there you go, thanks for putting another slant to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

your anallysing it too much me thinks .. when I made that Joke/comment at not one stage did I ever think about people being raped ... because it was just said as a flippant harmless joke .. but there you go, thanks for putting another slant to it.

It's not a harmless joke though Andy, disgusting crap joke at best.

Very hurtful one to anyone who's ever been raped at worst.

Grow up.

optogirl wrote: »
    Well if it was a rape story about a woman would you have made that joke? I understand you are not trying to be callous but being raped is not really something to have a laugh about

of course not

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

People have told me that I'm the spit of a grown up Simon!

Picture?? :D:D

• Advertisement

pilly wrote: »
    It's not a harmless joke though Andy, disgusting crap joke at best.

Very hurtful one to anyone who's ever been raped at worst.

Grow up.

you grow up - its a soap and not real , of course i would have a different view if I read/heard about it IRL

ah come on now - what other slant could you possibly put on it? If you weren't thinking about rape then the 'joke' wouldn't make any sense whatsoever.

of course not

well then don't make it about male rape either.

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Martin was a nurse wasn't he? Any vacancies in the medical centre? Sure he could come back as a doctor !

Rana might run off with Kate, we can hope :p Martin can take her job

Does Gail work anywhere now?

Rana might run off with Kate, we can hope :p Martin can take her job

Does Gail work anywhere now?

gail used to work at the medical centre - how comes she dont any more? what caused her to leave or get the push?

gail used to work at the medical centre - how comes she dont any more? what caused her to leave or get the push?

I believe she got fired for gossiping from the medical centre, she was also a cleaner for Nick at his Bistro

I believe she got fired for gossiping from the medical centre, she was also a cleaner for Nick at his Bistro

ah right thanks - sean has just got fired for the same or similar thing lately as well hasnt he

You would not make that joke if the gender of the victim was female.
    I'm sorry, I'm the last person to be a part of the PC brigade, but it's ridiculous the way male victims of rape are laughed at.

In my own controversial opinion, a male victim of rape is even worse affected (if possible) than a female victim. The female will have support and solidarity from society at large, whereas the male is demasculinised and laughed at by people and posts like yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Ah lads, maybe leave it at this stage.

No malice was intended and no need to keep on about it

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    You would not make that joke if the gender of the victim was female.
    I'm sorry, I'm the last person to be a part of the PC brigade, but it's ridiculous the way male victims of rape are laughed at.

In my own controversial opinion, a male victim of rape is even worse affected (if possible) than a female victim. The female will have support and solidarity from society at large, whereas the male is demasculinised and laughed at by people and posts like yours.

yes if you are talking of real life circumstance ... but I made the 'joke' on a forum about soaps which is not real life

I am not trying to backtrack or anything - but what I am am getting at is how things can get blown out of proportion with some people. It was a one line jest about a fictitious soap and not analised .. well not by me, when i wrote what I wrote.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement