Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

A bit off topic, but it's funny that in a few months David will have forgotten about his rape, no more than every corrie character forgets every trauma that has ever befallen them! Nobody says to Gail, remember that time you were married to that serial killer, or no new character asks her about the experience, like David's new girlfriend from the cafe (horsey teeth)...Richard would be featured in Daily Mail articles umpteen times a year if it was real life! Kevin and Tyrone are best mates even though Kev shagged Molly and then she died. The list is endless...you have to admire their mental toughness and also their ability to forgive and forget! Mind you they are all probably half pissed given that they spend so much time in the Rovers :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭McSween

you grow up - its a soap and not real , of course i would have a different view if I read/heard about it IRL

Exactly. There are people on here who say things like ‘I felt so sorry for him/her. I felt so much for them’. It isnt real.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

So do we think Eva and Aidan might get back together now or will she keep going out with Adam( I'm shippping evadam!).

So do we think Eva and Aidan might get back together now or will she keep going out with Adam( I'm shippping evadam!).

• Registered Users Posts: 86,700 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Both are leaving this year so I would say yes

I prefer Adam to Aiden too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

jeez cant we say anything in jest these days? - why have we become and are becoming so sensitized and politically correct - i meant no malice at all to anyone, it really was meant as a joke, maybe not a very funny one but still.

It's nothing to do with 'these days'. Just a bit of cop on when it comes to rape 'jokes'.

Hopefully the David storyline will change a few views.

SAMTALK wrote: »
    Ah lads, maybe leave it at this stage.

No malice was intended and no need to keep on about it

No harm in getting it out of the way before the storyline starts though.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Both are leaving this year so I would say yes

I prefer Adam to Aiden too

I much prefer Adam too. I can't make out what they're doing with Aidan. He is clearly a selfish guy, but seems to have a good nature at times. A goodie or a baddie...i can't decide!

Also what is it with Shane Ward's grey felt coat? It's like a woman's coat and it's so snug fitting...is he so hard up since the factory went that he can't afford a man's coat in an appropriate size?!!! In general, he wears such tight fitting clothes...his shirts look like blouses.

Also not looking forward to Billy going for best actor oscar in the wheelchair in the coming weeks :rolleyes:....can't stand that actor...and I'm not homophobic...I love Todd Grimshaw, my favourite character, but the big tool had to ruin his career! Billy just annoys me because whenever he is on screen I imagine a sign over his head saying "acting is happening here"!

• Advertisement

I really liked Todd especially his relationship with Tracy. Hope Bruno Langley sorts himself out , he has a very obvious drink problem as well as the other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I really liked Todd especially his relationship with Tracy. Hope Bruno Langley sorts himself out , he has a very obvious drink problem as well as the other things.

I have a feeling they might get another actor in to replace him rather than let the charictor end.

Id suggest Edam only it might be too cheesy.....ill get my coat :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

A bit off topic, but it's funny that in a few months David will have forgotten about his rape, no more than every corrie character forgets every trauma that has ever befallen them! Nobody says to Gail, remember that time you were married to that serial killer, or no new character asks her about the experience, like David's new girlfriend from the cafe (horsey teeth)...Richard would be featured in Daily Mail articles umpteen times a year if it was real life! Kevin and Tyrone are best mates even though Kev shagged Molly and then she died. The list is endless...you have to admire their mental toughness and also their ability to forgive and forget! Mind you they are all probably half pissed given that they spend so much time in the Rovers :P

To be fair, they have had Tyrone mention it several times over the years in arguments and he still does appear to be hurt by it, deep down. As for other injuries and traumas e.g. Ken's miraculous part-time stroke, it baffles me how quickly they move on :rolleyes:

Plus Maria stalking Tyrone and Fiz

To be fair, they have had Tyrone mention it several times over the years in arguments and he still does appear to be hurt by it, deep down. As for other injuries and traumas e.g. Ken's miraculous part-time stroke, it baffles me how quickly they move on :rolleyes:

Sineads paralysis was particularly embarrassing and pointless. Made a mockery of those who are getting terrible news every day of the week. The fact is though that the average viewer is inclined to turn off any type of human struggle over time but tbh, writers were brave enough to stick with a wheelchair storyline back in the day with Chris Tate on Emmerdale....so you'd what has actually changed? Has the viewer become even more stupid? or has the writer?

I think maybe the writers are not as invested with Corrie as some of us viewers, and don't really cherish the nicer, more humorous side to it. It's getting very bogged down at the moment with paedophile rings, serial killers, male rape...all important issues sure, but all happening in the one street, and even in the one household (Platts I'm talking about you!)? It's getting to be a bit too much for me...even Mary had an illegitimate child through rape...f*cking hell...she was a comic relief character, and even she gets bogged down in this sordid stuff. It's turning into Eastenders! I'd bet that whoever is in charge of Corrie nowadays has no great love for it, and is just chasing ratings or using it as a stepping stone to something better.

I think maybe the writers are not as invested with Corrie as some of us viewers, and don't really cherish the nicer, more humorous side to it. It's getting very bogged down at the moment with paedophile rings, serial killers, male rape...all important issues sure, but all happening in the one street, and even in the one household (Platts I'm talking about you!)? It's getting to be a bit too much for me...even Mary had an illegitimate child through rape...f*cking hell...she was a comic relief character, and even she gets bogged down in this sordid stuff. It's turning into Eastenders! I'd bet that whoever is in charge of Corrie nowadays has no great love for it, and is just chasing ratings or using it as a stepping stone to something better.

Kate Oates is chasing awards, media praise and attention

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Kate Oates is chasing awards, media praise and attention

That would explain it then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭threetrees

I dislike Tracy but love her odd pairings; with Todd, with Mary and with Chesney.

I don't think the writers know what to do with Tracy at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Also not looking forward to Billy going for best actor oscar in the wheelchair in the coming weeks :rolleyes:....can't stand that actor...and I'm not homophobic...I love Todd Grimshaw, my favourite character, but the big tool had to ruin his career! Billy just annoys me because whenever he is on screen I imagine a sign over his head saying "acting is happening here"!

What I cannot understand is why did they have to even make the character of Todd run away like that even - soaps are always changing actors, they bring a character back but with a different actor playing the character ... and then everyone goes "hi Todd" and the viewer cops on that they dont even look like the last actor ... but because everyone is calling him Todd ... er believes it is actually Todd ... if you know what I mean.

I think in eastenders we are on the 4th actor playing Ben mitchell - and Gails son nicky came back as a different actor. - it doesnt take too long for the viewer to cop on who they are supposed to be.

So they could have carried on the storyline with Todd , Billy and Summer but with a different actor playing the part of Todd

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

threetrees wrote: »
    I dislike Tracy but love her odd pairings; with Todd, with Mary and with Chesney.

I don't think the writers know what to do with Tracy at the moment!

she is at her best though when she is being wicked or the villain though -

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Seb and Gareh have absolutely no evidence against Phelan...just Seb's word. Also... Anna will undoubtedly let herself down heavily, in the courtroom screeching like the aforementioned fishwife.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

It's the thoughts of watching Gail 'cope' with it :rolleyes: Those eyelashes will be getting a fierce flutter

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Audrey and Gail are going to see a clairvoyant soon anybody wants to guess who Gail hears from?
    Richard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Audrey and Gail are going to see a clairvoyant soon anybody wants to guess who Gail hears from?
    Richard

Favourite character ever.

I saw that advertised. That one thing we couldn't have predicted :)

Ann22 wrote: »
    Seb and Gareh have absolutely no evidence against Phelan...just Seb's word. Also... Anna will undoubtedly let herself down heavily, in the courtroom screeching like the aforementioned fishwife.

Don't get me wrong, I want Phelan to be brought to justice. It's just, couldn't we have that AND Anna Windass going to jail for a long time? I DESPISE ANNA WINDASS (and her stupid daughter)!!! I stop watching Corrie whenever there is too much of her in it. I know she's wrongly incarcerated but it's Gary, Tim and Kevin I feel sorry for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,180 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Richard

This I want to see!!!

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Holy Fúck....Eva looking well again!

DisfiguredShadyAustralianfurseal-max-1mb.gif

439191.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement