Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

But he was busy hanging out with Z list celebrities watching them doing their dishes. :D

I love that show and hes very good on it to be fair.My guilty pleasure is a secret no more:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Slightly off topic but how is this thread still open? We have well surpassed 10K posts at this stage :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: New thread started because old one passed 10,000 posts.

For continuity, I've moved the last few pages of posts from the last thread to this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

John Connor is also a character in the Terminator movies ;)
    n
    John Connor is a neighbour of mine. As is John Joe Connor, John O'Connor, Johnsie Connor and JJ O'Connor.

All within 1 km of us out here in the sticks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Red Kev wrote: »
    n
    John Connor is a neighbour of mine. As is John Joe Connor, John O'Connor, Johnsie Connor and JJ O'Connor.

All within 1 km of us out here in the sticks.

You don't live on a halting site by any chance Kev, do you :D

• Advertisement

You don't live on a halting site by any chance Kev, do you :D

Theres nare a Connors that came out of his mothers arse that could bate Red Kev

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Slightly off topic but how is this thread still open? We have well surpassed 10K posts at this stage :)

LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Sarah-Lou and Bethany are going back to Italy - today. Last minute flights will cost a fortune. Since when was Sarah-lou flush with cash?

OK...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

is this vicar stalking Sarah Louise...................

also he spends more time drinking than Fr Jack...............

Carla was in the Bistro and rings Aidan to say she is on the way back.

If she had dialled Aidans phone and kept waiking she would have been back in the factory before Aidan picked up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Gary's ex and Gary's fiancee drinking together...not at all weird!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I think Audrey was ripped off, lunch at Nicks would get you more than a transistor radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

It's not her worst ripoff. It's a bargain compared with the return she gets from employing David.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

syklops wrote: »
    Carla was in the Bistro and rings Aidan to say she is on the way back.

If she had dialled Aidans phone and kept waiking she would have been back in the factory before Aidan picked up.

Think Nick said they were going to eat somewhere else (in town perhaps?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Has Gary given up the drink for good or is it just until the wedding?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

fin12 wrote: »
    Has Gary given up the drink for good or is it just until the wedding?

Just till the wedding, in a nod to some sort of Muslim ritual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭bobbyss

What kind of factory are they running there? That new girl, told by her father to start from the bottom up with good old Kirky packing boxes (and like a 12 year old taunting him) now all of a sudden is involved in a business lunch to seal a big deal with her brother and father!

Alyia must be the very worst actors/actresses on the street judging by her performance last night.

Gary? From street fighter to Sophocles. Now he's the font of ALL wisdom. If you need advice on matters of the heart- Gary's your only man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Sad to see that Peter Baldwin who played Derek Wilton has died.

Him and Mavis were a classic Corrie couple. His battles with Norris and Des Barnes were great fun to watch. Never forget him driving around in the car with the giant paper clip on the roof!

bobbyss wrote: »
    What kind of factory are they running there? That new girl, told by her father to start from the bottom up with good old Kirky packing boxes (and like a 12 year old taunting him) now all of a sudden is involved in a business lunch to seal a big deal with her brother and father!

Whatever about that, that to and fro with Eva was ridiculous. I was half hoping Carla would find Eva in the pub drinking her troubles away, find out that Aiden was being a douche and go read him the riot act. Instead it ended disappointingly amicably.

Alyia must be the very worst actors/actresses on the street judging by her performance last night.

I can't decide whether Alyia acted badly or was badly written last night. The way Corrie has been recently, I wouldn't be too quick to blame the actress.
    Gary? From street fighter to Sophocles. Now he's the font of ALL wisdom. If you need advice on matters of the heart- Gary's your only man.

From gurrier to Gandhi in a few brief years. Quite a transformation.

Sick of the site of Kylie at this stage. Is she meant to be going out of it? I can't put up with her guilt anymore either. Callum was scum. Get over it.

Also, anyone else notice that Coronation Street has the densest population of homosexuals of, well, any street anywhere. Five, on one small street. Sean, Todd, Billy, Sophie, and new chick. I'm not complaining, just saying. Another symptom of lazy writing I suspect. "We need a new exciting character. Lets make them gay!".

• Advertisement

Whatever about that, that to and fro with Eva was ridiculous. I was half hoping Carla would find Eva in the pub drinking her troubles away, find out that Aiden was being a douche and go read him the riot act. Instead it ended disappointingly amicably.

I can't decide whether Alyia acted badly or was badly written last night. The way Corrie has been recently, I wouldn't be too quick to blame the actress.

From gurrier to Gandhi in a few brief years. Quite a transformation.

Sick of the site of Kylie at this stage. Is she meant to be going out of it? I can't put up with her guilt anymore either. Callum was scum. Get over it.

Also, anyone else notice that Coronation Street has the densest population of homosexuals of, well, any street anywhere. Five, on one small street. Sean, Todd, Billy, Sophie, and new chick. I'm not complaining, just saying. Another symptom of lazy writing I suspect. "We need a new exciting character. Lets make them gay!".

From gurrier to Gandhi !!! I like that. That made me laugh.
    Have there been any scenes when Rev Billy has kissed/being affectionate towards Sean while he was wearing his collar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

From gurrier to Gandhi !!! I like that. That made me laugh.
    Have there been any scenes when Rev Billy has kissed/being affectionate towards Sean while he was wearing his collar?

No I think he told Sean that he wants to keep their relationship a secret from his parishioners and other people he works with so I suppose he probably wouldn't be affectionate towards him when he has the collar on just in case any of those people saw.

fin12 wrote: »
    No I think he told Sean that he wants to keep their relationship a secret from his parishioners and other people he works with so I suppose he probably wouldn't be affectionate towards him when he has the collar on just in case any of those people saw.

I see. We never get to see his church, place of worship.

An extremely predictable trait in Corrie occured last night. When David's partner (cant rem her name) was doing the ikea type furniture Billy and Rita basically barging into her house and Billy had a few 'free hours' to help her assemble it. No wonder she flew off the handle. They don't do emotional intelligence very well in Corrie.

I didn't notice anyone coincidentally overhearing anybody else last night (which must be a record) nor did I notice any actor stepping into a scene accidentally and seeing something at some split second from around a corner or lurking in the background that affects them. eg Sean seeing Billy talking to Todd outside pub while he nipped out to talk to Sarah and countless other plot demeaning examples.

I like Kate Conner she is fun

And I wouldn't be surprised if Sophie and Kate become a couple.

I agree about the factory scenes, also despite this big order, and all the fuss, about it, nobody seems to be doing any work. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

LynnGrace wrote: »
    And I wouldn't be surprised if Sophie and Kate become a couple.

It's kind of a rule in soaps that if you have two gay folk, they are automatically attracted to each other and end up together. Frighteningly realistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Corrie on next Thursday at 8.00 and Friday from 7.00-7.30 only.

This should be the last interruption due to the Rugby WC.

Derek was gas, sorry to see him go.....

Nice interview here with Thelma Barlow (Mavis), worth watching for first 90 seconds anyway.

Some good clips in this as well..

Is there ANYONE who can make sense of this Connor clan? I am forever confused.

Carla is the sister of Rob? (Is he the fellow in Downton Abbey or was he engaged to Tracey?) Who is this Shanye Ward character, his father and daughter? How are they related to Carla?

Is Michele related to Carla? I sometimes get the impression they are sisters? There is an Irish connection to Michele as she sometimes goes to Kildare to see her parents. Her father is played by an actor who was a priest in Strumpet City. Her mother may be one of the Cuascks. And why am I thinking Carla's maiden name is Donovan? Was she ever married to Peter?

Lastly, Carla. Lovely as she is to watch but by God what a turn off when she speaks. Is it me or does she now only speak through he nose.

spurious wrote: »
    It's kind of a rule in soaps that if you have two gay folk, they are automatically attracted to each other and end up together. Frighteningly realistic.

I was thinking more along the lines that everybody conveniently finds work, partners etc, in jig time, all within the same small area. I'm guessing Aidan and Eva will also become a couple.

• Advertisement

Is there ANYONE who can make sense of this Connor clan? I am forever confused.

Carla is the sister of Rob? (Is he the fellow in Downton Abbey or was he engaged to Tracey?) Who is this Shanye Ward character, his father and daughter? How are they related to Carla?

Is Michele related to Carla? I sometimes get the impression they are sisters? There is an Irish connection to Michele as she sometimes goes to Kildare to see her parents. Her father is played by an actor who was a priest in Strumpet City. Her mother may be one of the Cuascks. And why am I thinking Carla's maiden name is Donovan? Was she ever married to Peter?

Lastly, Carla. Lovely as she is to watch but by God what a turn off when she speaks. Is it me or does she now only speak through he nose.

Carla was originally Carla Donovan, yes, Rob is her younger brother. He was to marry Tracy, but it didn't happen because, on the wedding day, he had to make a sharp exit, as it was discovered that he had killed Tina. Carla told the police, as far as I remember. He is now behind bars, for that.
    Carla was married to Michelle's brother Paul, so that is how they are related.

Shayne Ward/ Aidan is a cousin of Michelle's. Yes, Carla was married to Peter. Peter slept with Tina on what should have been his and Carla's wedding night, and Peter and Tina went on to have an affair, mostly to write both characters out, as both wanted to leave.

That's it, I think. Maria was also married to another of Michelle's brothers, Liam, and I think he and Carla had a fling, at some stage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement