Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Been away the last few weeks and flicking on corrie for the first time. Must say I'm disappointed that no story seems to have moved on in that period and it's still the same as before. Calum's body being in the house is stupid at this stage. I've grown up watching corrie due to my parents and grandparents and it's just sad to see it fall this much. I mean Audery and Ken, come on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

There are some really bad actors on Corrie who've been there for years and I don't think they'd get acting work anywhere else! eg

Fizz, Dev, Liz, Sean, Ken, Rita, Emily

To name but a few!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,079 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Is Tyrone Hopes biological father?

Is Tyrone Hopes biological father?

No John Stape is.

Tyrone is really playing a blinder at the moment though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

No John Stape is.

yeah its a decent storyline. Sad but realistic. Nice to see that a soap can portray something that isnt exaggerated and pantomine.

I have a bad feeling that this may come to a sad ending though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

No John Stape is.

I agree about Tyrone. I don't think Jennie McAlpine is able to carry the storyline though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

David really is a heartless s**t, isn't he?

Kauto0709 wrote: »

He is heartless towards Callum's mother.

He is heartless towards Callum's mother.

It seems about more then protecting his family, he seems to be getting a sick thrill out of it too.

I do like David though. The show would be unwatchable without him he's brilliant. The actor is wasted in soap imo. Loads of potential there

I do like David though. The show would be unwatchable without him he's brilliant. The actor is wasted in soap imo. Loads of potential there

I really like David. His delivery of one-liners is second to none, IMO. I still wish he had rediscovered his tough side, when dealing with Callum. (When Callum was alive :D)!

• Advertisement

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I really like David. His delivery of one-liners is second to none, IMO. I still wish he had rediscovered his tough side, when dealing with Callum. (When Callum was alive :D)!

David will always ultimately be a meek coward but he is daring in many ways and entertaining.

LynnGrace wrote: »

I love David's cachacter, seen that he pointed a shotgun at his mother, he was a bit of a coward when it came to dealing with Callum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Great to see the old David back. He's the only one holding them together. Without him Kylie & Sarah would be doing life.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I think David should have outwitted Callum,not through strength but cunning ng.He can be very calculating.I think they wasted that storyline.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

dubstarr wrote: »
    I think David should have outwitted Callum,not through strength but cunning ng.He can be very calculating.I think they wasted that storyline.

I agree. I also would have preferred - as has been said here before - if Callum was blown up with the car. It would have been a good twist, and would have made Tony and Todd, unwittingly, part of the whole thing.

I saw on the cover of some soap mag
    David and Kylie frame Jason for Callum's death

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Yeah and we wouldn't have Kylie doing her 'telltale heart' bit jumping out of her skin a couple of times an episode.

I know she's coming back but, now she's gone, does anyone actually miss Sarah Lou?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Corrie boss defends Ken's new Romance.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/news/a773301/coronation-street-boss-stuart-blackburn-defends-kens-new-romance-plot-there-are-statistics-to-back

I think its too soon and I think a character like Roy would nearly stay on his own till he dies, think he moved on way too soon as well.

I think there may be a mistake in that article because it said Roy waited 2 years after Hayleys death to move on, really didn't think she was dead that long, how long is Hayley dead?

Not quite two years, she died Jan 20 2014.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Nessa doesn't suit Ken. It's a bad match.

Apart from that he likes Audrey, it seems daft that he'd drop her in favour of someone like Nessa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

I recently purchased Paula Lanes top from the live episode

I see your sweaty t-shirt, and I raise you this desirable article, available from Amazon.uk, a steal at just a little over £14.00.

Helen%252520Worth.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

10/1 Sally ends up on top of Callum................:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Oliverdog wrote: »

Helen%252520Worth.jpg

omfg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Yeah and we wouldn't have Kylie doing her 'telltale heart' bit jumping out of her skin a couple of times an episode.

Kylie has to freak out every five minutes otherwise, we might forget what happened because you know we are all that dim.

Nessa is all wrong for Ken, and considering he was carrying a brief flame for Audrey, its totally out of character for him to show any interest in Nessa. Tbh I think matching Ken and Audrey is wrong as well. Rita and Ken would be more believable, especially now Rita has her divorce papers.

Not sure if its been mentioned yet but looks like we've seen the back of Steve, possibly for good.

10/1 Sally ends up on top of Callum................:D

She always did have a soft spot for the young 'go-getters' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,701 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think I agree with Tracey on Ken moving on from Deirdre especially this soon

Oliverdog wrote: »
    Re: the Advent calender.

Who the heck is Deb? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

I wondered that. Her husband's name is Trevor.

How will I get to sleep tonight now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭mapaca

Yeah, don't agree with Ken moving on so soon. Ugh.

I'm hoping Liz has some evil plot up her sleeve to get her own back on Tony! (Don't want to hear any spoilers, just hoping that's where it's headed!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Anyone else having trouble with the utv player, it wont upload videos, or when it does it only plays the first half of the video and wont come back for the second part. Ive tried between 2 different wifi's so its not the internet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement