Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing GU5.3 Halogen lamps with LEDs

Options
  • 20-10-2015 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭

Lads - any problem with putting in LEDs in place of halogens? The halogens have transformers in place already which I assume will continue to be used for the LEDs. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

wait4me wrote: »
    Lads - any problem with putting in LEDs in place of halogens? The halogens have transformers in place already which I assume will continue to be used for the LEDs. Thanks

It depends what transformers are already there. Some electronic transformers will not work with loads of 20 watts or less..which most LED's are so check what type you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

And so to the attic. I can feel the bump on head already :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Might be easier to remove the trnsformers and replace with mains led bulbs and connectors.

TEh mains bulbs will probably be cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

Most wholesalers will avoid stocking anything other than the mains type now as they then have to contend with traffos & warranty issues with them to.

Just go for mains, less to go wrong.

Advertisement