Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

7 year old starting piano

• 20-10-2015 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi All,
    just a quick query. What would you recommend for a 7 year old starting piano lessons. I don't want to spend too much and was thinking of a keyboard for starters. Would you recommend any? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

you can get pianos on freecycle for free.

we got one, and I see them listed round here every month.

the advantage of an electronic KB is no tuning, and a volume knob.

Used clavinovas are available under €350 on ebay.

we have one of those too......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭rhapsody

Get weighted keys!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ali1971

Thanks for your replies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,673 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

ali1971 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    just a quick query. What would you recommend for a 7 year old starting piano lessons. I don't want to spend too much and was thinking of a keyboard for starters. Would you recommend any? Thanks in advance.

Hi ali1971,

Yes I would recommend any person from the age of 5 onwards to start Piano lessons. I am a Piano player myself and have been going to Piano lessons since I was 11, now I'm 15. Yes, a Keyboard is great for starters as I got one when I just started. When the kid feels like playing more advanced or has gone onto grades such as Preliminary (when I got my first big Piano). It is the second lowest grade btw after Elementary and this all depends on personal experience! It is up to the kid whether he feels comfortable moving onto a Piano after a while playing on the Keyboard. Here are some good Keyboards I recommend:

- Casio CTK-2200AD Full Size Keyboard with Stand - available at Argos here http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2394879.htm. This is by the way the keyboard I bought. Price: 138.49 euro

- Yamaha YPT-230 Full Size Keyboard - available at Argos here http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2442343.htm. Price: 71.99 euro

And when he / she feels moving onto the Piano, I recommend you to check out Donedeal which is where I found the Piano I have right now and I don't regret buying it at all. Mine cost me 1200 euro btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ali1971

Thanks very much for your reply. I must go looking for one now. Thanks again to you all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement