Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy at The Loop or wait?

Options
  • 20-10-2015 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

I'm off to America on Friday for a few days and I'm wondering should I buy some make up before I leave in the airport or wait til I get there. I'm really looking to get foundation and treat myself to a nice one. I've been using loreal perfect wear and infallible matt for a long time and want to push the boat out and get a 'good' one. I've been reading everywhere and it seems like double wear seems to be highly recommended. I'm heading to Minneapolis and there's definitely a sephora there. So should I get double wear/something else at the loop or wait until I get there? Any advice is really welcome!

Comments

I'd wait Welly, Minneapolis is one of the cheaper States to live in and you're very unlikely to lose money buying there.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Also Sephora in the states allows you to return opened makeup to store if it doesn't suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

The dollar is very strong at the moment. So once you add sales tax, it's possibly going to be more expensive than if you bought in Ireland.

Do some research. See if Sephora.com or Macys.com etc give prices - remember to add on the sales tax which wont be included - convert to Euro and remember the cost of using your credit card in the US. You might just find it better to buy in the Loop.

I was in NY last week and limited my Sephora shop to stuff I cant get at home

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

As above, the exchange rate is not great at the moment. Once you add in sales tax it will probably be the same or even dearer than here.

Unless you want to get a brand you cannot get here I would say get it in the Loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Thanks everyone! I think I'm going to just get it at The Loop! I'm flying out in the morning time so hopefully I'll encounter someone there that can help colour match. Any tips for foundation shopping? I had planned on going without make up so that I'd have a 'fresh' face but I don't want to look rough travelling without make up on! I know I'm awful but a face of make up makes me feel better in myself!

• Advertisement
Advertisement