Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on buying Concert tickets

Options
  • 20-10-2015 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

I am interested in buying secondhand tickets for Imagine Dragons in Nov but am worried about knowing if they are genuine or not. Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Buy on Toutless.com, or Adverts.ie rather than the likes of Done Deal.

Try to buy from someone with several previous posts / trades on those sites if possible.

Even then, it's still possible to be scammed, but the best way to avoid is to speak to the person on the phone - use your gut instinct as to whether you feel they're genuine.

Meet them in person - if you've any doubts, ask to see photo ID with address - check it matches the name on the tickets...

I've bought and sold loads on both those sites, and never had a problem, so don't be put off by the above, just be savvy :)

edit:

Here's a link to the Toutless guide to buying tickets.

Shout out to Toast & crew at Toutless for keeping touts at bay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The only 100% safe way I can think of is to find someone who is going to the gig themselves, many people selling are going themselves, it's a friend who has pulled out. Then go up with them and hand over money once inside -only when the barcode is scanned will you really know.

You do not even have to do this, as it may be hassle, if someone says they are willing to do it they are probably legit and you could buy beforehand. I have offered to do this before and buyers did not bother, once I was outside a venue and got a bouncer to confirm it was a legit ticket, think this was before the days of scanning.

People can report tickets stolen and get replacments so their now "stolen" ones look legit.

Advertisement