Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Council house waiting list and locations?

Options
  • 20-10-2015 4:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Hi, firstly - I'm not certain this is the right forum. Please re-direct if not.

I have recently put my name down on the public housing list in Sligo, but had considered living in Dublin, and would much prefer it.

I understand the application proceedure is similar.

I'm curious as to how long the waiting list period is, and also, what locations are available.

It would be more Dublin city I would be looking to live in, so I'm not sure of the area's available for council housing?

Crumlin etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Hi, firstly - I'm not certain this is the right forum. Please re-direct if not.

I have recently put my name down on the public housing list in Sligo, but had considered living in Dublin, and would much prefer it.

I understand the application proceedure is similar.

I'm curious as to how long the waiting list period is, and also, what locations are available.

It would be more Dublin city I would be looking to live in, so I'm not sure of the area's available for council housing?

Crumlin etc?

Dublin 10-12 + years depending on circumstances and needs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Under_Graduate

For real?

What if needs are severe?

Like, medically severe.

Would one still be looking at that kind of time?

Also, I understand getting on the council housing list also qualifies applicants for Rent Allowance.

What are the rent allowance rates for Dublin?

Like, 400 a month or whatever?
    Or something like 45 a week for shard accommodation?

For real?

What if needs are severe?

Like, medically severe.

Would one still be looking at that kind of time?

Like a house that needs adapting type needs .

100,000 + across the country in need of social housing. Dublin and the other major cities have massive lists

No not that needs adapting, but just in terms of why one couldn't provide their own accommodation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,910 ✭✭✭✭L1011

No not that needs adapting, but just in terms of why one couldn't provide their own accommodation.

Still the same in that case.

There has been only a pathetic amount of social housing built in the past 20 years - initially the FF govt driving the private housing boom followed by there being no money for it. With selloffs there might actually be less social housing now than 20 years ago in raw numbers.

And if your a Single male it's even worse

Advertisement