Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold calls and UANs

Options
  • 20-10-2015 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Eircom/Eir phoned an elderly relative of mine during the rebranding and left her with the impression that she was under an obligation to sign up to a new contract with Eir. They signed her up and i PM'ed the reps here to find out what was happening, but no reply. 

I subsequently cancelled the contract within the cooling off period. I requested confirmation via email or post but they told me they couldnt do that but they would note it on the account (i also asked was the call recorded in case i had difficulty after and they said it was). 

Wind on to this evening, my relative phoned customer service looking for their UAN and was told that she couldnt have it over the phone and furthermore she couldnt change companies because she was in a contract. 
    So, what's the story, lads?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Satriale wrote: »
    Hi
    Eircom/Eir phoned an elderly relative of mine during the rebranding and left her with the impression that she was under an obligation to sign up to a new contract with Eir. They signed her up and i PM'ed the reps here to find out what was happening, but no reply. 

I subsequently cancelled the contract within the cooling off period. I requested confirmation via email or post but they told me they couldnt do that but they would note it on the account (i also asked was the call recorded in case i had difficulty after and they said it was). 

Wind on to this evening, my relative phoned customer service looking for their UAN and was told that she couldnt have it over the phone and furthermore she couldnt change companies because she was in a contract. 
    So, what's the story, lads?
    Hi Satriale

I'm sorry to hear of this. I can confirm that the only way you would be informed that the contract would held in place is if you has called for the UAN number or arranged the switched after the 14 day cooling off period.

Please PM me the eir account number and I'll look in to this further.

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Hi Alan, Thanks for the prompt response. 
    Well, hopefully she just got her wires crossed. PM sent.

Hi Alan, Thanks for the prompt response. 
    Well, hopefully she just got her wires crossed. PM sent.
    Thanks Satriale

Just replied :)

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Contract misunderstanding sorted out, thanks Alan.   I'd appreciate the UAN number if you get a spare moment tomorrow. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭GrayFox208

Contract misunderstanding sorted out, thanks Alan.   I'd appreciate the UAN number if you get a spare moment tomorrow. 

The UAN is your Eir account number. Just check your bill.

• Advertisement

Contract misunderstanding sorted out, thanks Alan. I'd appreciate the UAN number if you get a spare moment tomorrow.
    Sure Satriale,

*just for the record the UAN is not the eir account number - the process has changed.

Al

Advertisement