Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Golf Society 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Invites just went out.

J

Guys, just got an email from Headfort saying that the greens will be hollow forked the week before we play and that they do not expect them to have recovered.

My own thoughts would be to change to Carton but I will follow the consensus.

J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Guys, just got an email from Headfort saying that the greens will be hollow forked the week before we play and that they do not expect them to have recovered.

J

I would agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

I'd be in favour of Carton would love another crack at it. And pole forked greens are a pet hate just as temps are!

but Im good either way J.

I'd be in favour of Carton would love another crack at it. And pole forked greens are a pet hate just as temps are!

but Im good either way J.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

Invites just went out.

J

Didn't get anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

just got an email from Headfort saying that the greens will be hollow forked the week before we play

That was good of them to let us know. I'd agree with switching to Carton!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

J

Agreed, no point playing a week after hollow tining - are you suggesting the Monty or O'Meara?

Personally I'd love another crack at the O'Meara - anyone played it since the redesign?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Agreed, no point playing a week after hollow tining - are you suggesting the Monty or O'Meara?

Personally I'd love another crack at the O'Meara - anyone played it since the redesign?

Which course did we play last year?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭3putt

Change to carton. Played the O'Meara a couple of times and really like it.

We played the Monty last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭3putt

Change to carton. Played the O'Meara a couple of times and really like it.

We played the Monty last year.

Didn't get anything?

I just checked and it was definitely sent to you.

You don't appear to have the app, so try downloading it and if you do actually have it, you might need to just set it up with your info... (been a while since I did it so I can't remember, but probably just need to stick in your phone number and email)

Also, check your junk mail box. The email that was sent to you may have been filtered in there, so you might need to add it to the "safe senders list"

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭doublecross

I think a change to either of the Carton courses would be a better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bombedbiscuit

carton for me .... either course !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

Carton fine by me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

J

Apart from Carton is there any other option potentially on table?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Any hope of playing druids rather that carton just for a change considering we all wearnt lucky enough to play it last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Carton would be a good subsitute. Would it be possible to request an early tee time for portmarnock please.

Ben1977 wrote: »
    Carton would be a good subsitute. Would it be possible to request an early tee time for portmarnock please.

It would be possible to request and much more probable to be granted with a large brown envelope.

J

It would be possible to request and much more probable to be granted with a large brown envelope.

J

Never thought of going with the brown envelopes last year.

Good move :D

• Advertisement

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Any hope of playing druids rather that carton just for a change considering we all wearnt lucky enough to play it last year?

Glen or Heath??

Glen or Heath??

Glen :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

J

Good man ....let him who wants what he wants influence the outcome......and if he is not successful then it's his hard luck.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭athlone99

Could I also have an early enough tee time J Please? Looking forward to a second crack at portmarnock!

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Glen :)

Would be right up for that! Wonder what sort of money it would be?

We also need to look at the outing in Powerscourt, Ireland Euros match is on at 2pm

We can switch date or possibly go out as a shotgun at 9

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Brendan141

Seve OB wrote:
    Signed up years ago, but just got into it again recently. If you can't get to the links, it's the next best thing.

Seve OB wrote:
    Was just thinking if there is a few boardsies on it, then maybe we could set up a country club?

Hi guys I'm looking forward to joining you this year.

We also need to look at the outing in Powerscourt, Ireland Euros match is on at 2pm

Not bothered by the football in the slightest, still sour that we couldn't beat Georgia......:o:(:mad::mad::mad:

I'm hoping to be in France :)

• Advertisement

Brendan141 wrote: »
    Hi guys I'm looking forward to joining you this year.

most welcome

drop me a pm with your name, club, handicap, email and phone number.
    download teamer app... and magic will happen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

Seve OB wrote: »
    I just checked and it was definitely sent to you.

You don't appear to have the app, so try downloading it and if you do actually have it, you might need to just set it up with your info... (been a while since I did it so I can't remember, but probably just need to stick in your phone number and email)

Also, check your junk mail box. The email that was sent to you may have been filtered in there, so you might need to add it to the "safe senders list"

Had changed my phone since last year so downloaded app again. Hopefully That will sort it out.
    In the meantime can you put me in as a yes for 20th please and thank you

Had changed my phone since last year so downloaded app again. Hopefully That will sort it out.

I'm not in charge this year :D

I have added you as accepted.

J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭paulos53

That is a bit early for those that have to travel. Would probably require a 5:30 start from Cork

paulos53 wrote: »
    That is a bit early for those that have to travel. Would probably require a 5:30 start from Cork

Yes, i did mention that to here when she called. (Girl from the club)

I am easy to play but i am not a football fan so dont really care but i may be in the monority

J

• Advertisement

I wouldn't say you are J! Ireland are muck and be lucky to win a match! but it be some party if we do...

But saying that I'd put playing golf before everything!! even the family kids...lol..:D

sssshhhhh..... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭bobster453

Guys, as Headfort is being sanded a few days before we play, the commitee have decided to switch venues.

We are now booked in for 1:30 at Esker Hills, Charlie got us a good deal. It's a great course and should be quite central for most of us.

A thank you to Carton for holding a spot for us just in case. Maybe we can squeeze an end of year event there in November.

J

Guys, as Headfort is being sanded a few days before we play, the commitee have decided to switch venues.

We are now booked in for 1:30 at Esker Hills, Charlie got us a good deal. It's a great course and should be quite central for most of us.

A thank you to Carton for holding a spot for us just in case. Maybe we can squeeze an end of year event there in November.

J

Probably for the best but a real shame - Headfort is definitely one of my favourite courses :(

Good work in sorting a great alternative

Was working in Bunclody golf club today, course looked great. Can't wait to get down there on march 19th.

I can't think of a better new course in the past 10 years.

Have many if the society played it ?

J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Was working in Bunclody golf club today, course looked great. Can't wait to get down there on march 19th.

J

Played it a few times over the last 3 years. Love the course. No 2 holes are alike. Great mix of long and short holes. The 3 holes by the river are brilliant. 15 is my favourite hole. The club house also matches the course just beautiful. Grub is very good.
    Would love to live closer to it.

Agree with ben hav played it a good few times & won a few society outings there :D can never score on 18 though super hole but u need 2 fade it of the tee which I can't! Only hole I ever came across that I cant play... maybe this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

J
    I haven't played it yet but it's one I'm really looking forward to.

Well the 1st event is done and the race for GOTY has started, some new and familiar names already near the top.

GOTY after Round 1

Round 2 results are up.

UPDATED GOLFER OF THE YEAR

Maybe one slight change as i did not receive Paulos card for Bunclody.

Round 2 results are up.

UPDATED GOLFER OF THE YEAR

Maybe one slight change as i did not receive Paulos card for Bunclody.

NR from me

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I've a lot of catching up to do already!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I've a lot of catching up to do already!!

I was planning on 4 events. I'm definitely going to have to try and squeeze a 5th in somewhere if I want to challenge for a space on the jug team.

Paulo, have you started working out the mathematics for qualification yet ? ;)

The mathematics of qualification is easy. Win the next 2 events! :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Rikand wrote: »
    I was planning on 4 events. I'm definitely going to have to try and squeeze a 5th in somewhere if I want to challenge for a space on the jug team.

Paulo, have you started working out the mathematics for qualification yet ? ;)

Have been looking at dates again and I made a mess of booking my holidays, am gonna miss powerscourt unfortunately. Will have to go to Cork just in case. It's the weekend of my birthday so I might stay down either Friday or Saturday night. It's too long to head from here in one day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement