Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Golf Society 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Have been looking at dates again and I made a mess of booking my holidays, am gonna miss powerscourt unfortunately. Will have to go to Cork just in case. It's the weekend of my birthday so I might stay down either Friday or Saturday night. It's too long to head from here in one day.

i'd be well up for making a weekend out of cork trip if anyone else is interested in maybe playing somewhere else around on the friday/sunday?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I'll miss the next event too so I've a mountain to climb! If I make 4 outings this year I'll be doing well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

shaunac93 wrote: »
    i'd be well up for making a weekend out of cork trip if anyone else is interested in maybe playing somewhere else around on the friday/sunday?

I might be on for that. Holidays are a bit tight though so the Sunday would probably suit better than the Friday.

ballyk wrote:
    I might be on for that. Holidays are a bit tight though so the Sunday would probably suit better than the Friday.

With enough notice I could do either

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Same here but Saturday / Sunday would suit better.

Any ideas where to play Sunday? Somewhere on the way home??

charlieIRL wrote:
    Any ideas where to play Sunday? Somewhere on the way home??

Loads of places on way home, thurles, nenagh, dundrum, ballykisteen, fermoy, mitchelstown etc

Thurles or Roscrea maybe. Ballykisteen is still 2 hours home for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Round 3 Results updated

Almost up to the top 10 after 2 events played.

I'm definitely making the jug this year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Large GUI cut down to 12.1 as of previous weekend. Should boards HC get reduced accordingly?

• Advertisement

RoadRunner wrote: »
    Large GUI cut down to 12.1 as of previous weekend. Should boards HC get reduced accordingly?

think you society handicap has to be within 2 of your real handicap, but I hope they butcher you even harder ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

RoadRunner wrote: »
    Rikand wrote: »
    think you society handicap has to be within 2 of your real handicap, but I hope they butcher you even harder ;)

Yuup Rikand that's it. The most your society handicap can be is 2 above your GUI, so that's tops of 14 for you Roadrunner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Does it count the other way? :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Does it count the other way? :)

unfortunately not.

i was playing off 5, but at one stage had a society handicap of 1. They should have capped me at 3 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭bobster453

Well all things very quiet lately How did New Forest go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

bobster453 wrote: »

Very quieting.

• Advertisement

bobster453 wrote: »

Was a great day out Bob :)

Cant wait for the final tables and updated GOTY points. I think I should be almost inside the jug standard now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Results are in from New Forest, well done to AlanM on a great score of 44 points.

New Forest Results

The GOTY has been updated, there have been some changes as i had included some non members in the points, I had also added in the wrong points for 3 place in the 1st three outings and that fix has had a knockon effect on other points.

GOTY

Gonna be hard to catch AlanM

J

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Results are in from New Forest, well done to AlanM on a great score of 44 points.

New Forest Results

The GOTY has been updated, there have been some changes as i had included some non members in the points, I had also added in the wrong points for 3 place in the 1st three outings and that fix has had a knockon effect on other points.

GOTY

Gonna be hard to catch AlanM

J

Thanks J,
    Unfortunately I'm not down for New Forest, I was even talking to you at it :). I'd 30 points. Out in 15 and back in 15.
    Sorry after all your hard work.
    Cheers Ben

Ben1977 wrote: »
    Thanks J,
    Unfortunately I'm not down for New Forest, I was even talking to you at it :). I'd 30 points. Out in 15 and back in 15.
    Sorry after all your hard work.
    Cheers Ben

Sorry meant to say your scorecard was not dated so it's a DQ

J

J

Really a DQ

• Advertisement

Ben1977 wrote: »
    Really a DQ

Yeh you shuld really know better being a club golfer !!!

Of course not !, i Had the wrong Ben in there, updated it now.

J

:)

Of course not !, i Had the wrong Ben in there, updated it now.

J

:)

Good man, you had me going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

J

Actually J that's not grounds for a DQ, it's the committees responsibility to provide a scorecard to the competitor, with the players name, date and competition.
    It's the players responsibility to make sure that all scores recorded (note gross scores, not result score conversions, e.g stableford pts), that the card is signed by player and score recorder and the correct HC is present.
    Now you can make it a rule of the society that all of the above is the players responsibility and failure to do so is a DQ, but that would be harsh in the extreme and TBH I've never seen it been implemented in that fashion.

Actually J that's not grounds for a DQ, it's the committees responsibility to provide a scorecard to the competitor, with the players name, date and competition. It's the players responsibility to make sure that all scores recorded (note gross scores, not result score conversions, e.g stableford pts), that the card is signed by player and score recorder and the correct HC is present. Now you can make it a rule of the society that all of the above is the players responsibility and failure to do so is a DQ, but that would be harsh in the extreme and TBH I've never seen it been implemented in that fashion.

Think J was only messing!

Actually J that's not grounds for a DQ, it's the committees responsibility to provide a scorecard to the competitor, with the players name, date and competition.
    It's the players responsibility to make sure that all scores recorded (note gross scores, not result score conversions, e.g stableford pts), that the card is signed by player and score recorder and the correct HC is present.
    Now you can make it a rule of the society that all of the above is the players responsibility and failure to do so is a DQ, but that would be harsh in the extreme and TBH I've never seen it been implemented in that fashion.

It was a joke!!

Welcome to the society!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

Would it be ok to join the society mid season?

brady23 wrote: »
    Would it be ok to join the society mid season?

Always open for new members. If you drop me a pm with your details I'll get you set up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Think J was only messing!

Haha, me bad!!!, hook line and sinker. That J fella is some messer, wha, ha!!;):pac:

• Advertisement

Sorry John. I was thinking you as captain can sort every problem. Including 2s. ;)

GOTY table has been updated to inlcude Powerscourt. With only 13 playing there was some big points up for grabs.

AlanM has put together a big lead, its going to take some serious golf to catch him.

GOTY Table

Next outing is Castlemartyr which is another new one for me which i cant wait to play. Hopefully we can get the numbers up.

I am going to start looking into accomadation for Galway in September, if any one is planning of making a night of it please let me know.

J

i'm in for Galway

Well that round probably ends my chances of getting into the Ryder jug team. Thought I was only to miss the 1 outing but my boss ruined my plans for Esker Hills by organising training on foreign soil. So it looks like my next boards outing will be the Capts in Galway. This year I'm determined to stay a have a couple of pints!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭paulos53

Is the €60 listed on the mygolfsociety site for the captain's day correct?
    http://www.mygolfsociety.ie/boards_golf_society.xhtml?page=society.details.4256.fixtures

Am on for galway as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭tommyhayes1989

I would be interested in joining if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭a post punk

I'm interested in staying in Galway aswell

I would be interested in joining if possible

drop me a pm with your email, mobile number, club and handicap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dwd

J, I'm planning on making the trip to Galway, although I'll need to start playing some golf if I'm going to have any chance of retaining the captain's prize! I've only played 3 full rounds this years :( Hopefully Castlemartyr will get me back on track!

J

I'll be staying over in Galway - only because your handicap has a modicum of respectability to it now.

Btw - is there any Zika that far west ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Played Galway Bay yesterday. about 40 played and only 7 broke 30! 33 won.

Course is in great shape

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

Do we pay on the day in Castlemartyr or beforehand?

slingerz wrote: »
    Do we pay on the day in Castlemartyr or beforehand?

Pay on the day.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Damien M

Anyone travelling from Meath/Dublin?

• Advertisement

Some big points up for grabs in Cork, the small field gave even the back markers some nice points.

We have a new GOTY leader in DoubleCross, :D

GOTY Table

Guys I am gooing to sort out a hotel for Galaway this week so i will need numbers.

I know the teamer for Esker only just went out but i am going to do galway aswell

J

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

No Hotel for me :(

Bring it on, crutches or not I'll be there!!!!

Won't be there overnight, not sure about golf yet!

• Advertisement
Advertisement