Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cost for Bonnet and Bumper Respray

Options
  • 20-10-2015 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Bought a Toyota Corolla a few months ago and the paint was starting to peel and fade on the bonnet. It has obviously got worse over time and I know don't know whether to get the bonnet bumper and wing resprayed or just sell/scrap the car.

The paint is extremely bad on the bonnet and front bumper as you can see in the pictures. The paint is starting to fade slightly on the driver side wing, but it isn't as noticeable as the bonnet and bumper.

Does anyone know roughly how much it would cost to respray the bonnet bumper and possibly driver side wing?

Couldn't upload to boards so uploaded pics to Imgur: http://imgur.com/a/aYTcb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Conchy

Anyone have an idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It'll vary massively depending on the place that does it. I'd imagine you'd be starting at about €500 and going upwards from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Bumper and bonnet is around 500 for a good quality job I reckon. Wing might be another 150-200 not sure really but be better to do both wings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Have a look for the same color wing and bonnet in the breakers, otherwise I'd just drive on and put up with it. A good respray will cost too much and scrapping the car over a small cosmetic issue is extreme.

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Have a look for the same color wing and bonnet in the breakers, otherwise I'd just drive on and put up with it. A good respray will cost too much and scrapping the car over a small cosmetic issue is extreme.

Rang about 12 different scrap yards and not one had red :( The other option I'm thinking of is buying the same car as mine from Donedeal, its the exact same car. I could use the 2 wings bonnet bumper and maybe even the boot lid.

I can get the car for 350 and then once I get all the parts I need of the car I could scrap it?

Is this a good idea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Even better idea - buy it, use parts you want, break the rest for spares and sell them.

Obviously if you have a room for it. And time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭Notch000

Conchy wrote: »
    Rang about 12 different scrap yards and not one had red :( The other option I'm thinking of is buying the same car as mine from Donedeal, its the exact same car. I could use the 2 wings bonnet bumper and maybe even the boot lid.

I can get the car for 350 and then once I get all the parts I need of the car I could scrap it?

Is this a good idea?

You could get the parts car and swap the panels and sell on parts a car again or else scrap it for 100E +

would you not just ignore it ??? or you could attempt to spray yourself with rattle cans or even try wrapping the car, its only an auld corolla at the end of the day

Notch000 wrote: »
    You could get the parts car and swap the panels and sell on parts a car again or else scrap it for 100E +

would you not just ignore it ??? or you could attempt to spray yourself with rattle cans or even try wrapping the car, its only an auld corolla at the end of the day

Where could I get the rattle cans? Yeah your right about it being an auld corolla but just want it looking half decent I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Conchy wrote: »
    Where could I get the rattle cans? Yeah your right about it being an auld corolla but just want it looking half decent I suppose.

I'd advise against spraying it with rattle cans. It will look worse than it is now. Rattle cans just aren't cut out for spraying large areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

if you spray the bonnet, bumper and 2 wings the other half of the car will stick out. You might not think the paint job is bad on the rest of the car but it will do with the front half newly sprayed

• Advertisement
Advertisement