Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

payment of arrears

Options
  • 20-10-2015 8:53pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Juat been sorting out a payment on behalf of a friend who is out of the country more than he is here, and he received a letter relating to overdue payment. 

Could I suggest that it would be more than helpful to make sure that as well as quoting the account reference number on the letter, you also put somewhere on the letter the OCR account number that's needed to make payments via An Post, as that's the way I needed to pay this bill, but the account number on its own is not enough for An Post, they need the OCR number, which is one digit longer than the account number, and they can't do anything without it.

I couldn't use the payment on line system, as I needed to use a cheque to make the payment, and with the delays that are happening with the mail service at the moment, lodging via An Post was the simplest and quickest solution.

Fortunately, I was able to get the needed extra digit with a phone call to customer service, but it would have been so much simpler if the details were available on the letter requesting payment, and it would have avoided having to queue twice at the post office, which on some days can be a lengthy process.

Thanks

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Irish Steve,

Thanks for getting in touch.
    Could I suggest that it would be more than helpful to make sure that as well as quoting the account reference number on the letter, you also put somewhere on the letter the OCR account number that's needed to make payments via An Post... Fortunately, I was able to get the needed extra digit with a phone call to customer service, but it would have been so much simpler if the details were available on the letter requesting payment

The OCR account number is also included at the bottom of the first page of any bill (on the giro), but we will forward on your suggestion that it be included on any letters requesting payment. We appreciate the considered feedback.

If there's anything else we can help with please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement