Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction Appeal

Options
  • 20-10-2015 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I was carded for this post:
    Ah yeah, let the moon dictate when your train can run...
    don't be an idiot. The fact is tidal is reliable and very fixed in terms of knowing and planning outputs, especially compared to wind. to solve your imagined timing problem you could alway use it to power pumped storage or batteries to release the energy when required rather than when produced.
    Victor wrote: »
    don't be an idiot.
    Personal abuse not welcome.

I think it's pretty harsh to consider that personal abuse really. The poster was trolling, or at best, posting pointless off-topic silliness and asking him not to be an idiot I get the warning?

Have PM'd Victor but no response in 5 days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi there.

Thanks for confirming that you attempted to discuss this with the mod concerned. As it has been 5 days & you received no response I shall deal with this without further ado.

You say that the other poster was trolling or otherwise disrupting the thread. If that were the case you should have reported the post(s) & left it with the mods to take action as they saw fit.

Instead, you called the poster an idiot. That is clear cut personal abuse by attacking the poster instead of the post.

For that you got a warning. A 'slap on the wrist' to let you know that sort of carry on is not tolerated in the forum.

I see nothing wrong whatsoever in that mod action & the warning stands.

You may appeal to an Admin if you wish.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Hi there.

Thanks for confirming that you attempted to discuss this with the mod concerned. As it has been 5 days & you received no response I shall deal with this without further ado.
    Thanks
    You say that the other poster was trolling or otherwise disrupting the thread. If that were the case you should have reported the post(s) & left it with the mods to take action as they saw fit.
    I did and no action was taken
    Instead, you called the poster an idiot.
    I clearly did not.

But if you hold the same view as Victor then I'll just leave it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement