Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

We got many Vermintide players here?

• 20-10-2015 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭

Well, I'm hopping on the Vermintide bandwagon. :D

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Reporting in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

We shall have to bash some rats so Shiminay! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I had major CTD's during the beta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Will probably be picking this up soon i'd say!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've only looked at it a couple of times cause I'm still trying to get through Metal Gear Solid. The game is behaving itself for me (and is kicking my ass with Rat Ogres).

• Advertisement

I got it downloaded last night, but haven't had a chance to try it yet because the servers are down. This is how I feel right now:

oui4Bjq.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Didn't even realise it was out. PcGamer spoke very highly of it when they tried it out pre-release.

Kiith wrote: »
    Didn't even realise it was out. PcGamer spoke very highly of it when they tried it out pre-release.

It's not quite "out" out just yet, full release is Friday the 23rd, but beta is still open to anyone who pre-orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Gonna wait till 23rd for this, looks good but hope some issues fixed by 23rd.

Bought it just now so will give it a go in the next couple of days :)

• Advertisement

it seems very cheap for a new game

~€23 from here or around €19 from the key sites

Best price without going to grey market site is www.greenmangaming.com and use the code 20PERC-HARVST-SAVING for 20% off.

Bought it there, not really knowing anything about it. Will give it a go tonight, once it finished downloading.

Sent you a friend request there Kiith, in case you're wondering who that was ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What is it? A left4dead with...rats? :confused:

I'm intrigued and will investigate further after work.

Right just read the blurb and yes, count me in, I'll buy it later.

Yeah, it's similar to Left 4 Dead, but it's very melee-combat focused which makes it quite a different beast. There's more than just pew pew, there's blocking mechanics, and charged attacks, etc, and you also have characters that are more tanky. The combat is a serious amount of fun, makes a change from the usual gunplay in similar games.

Nice shiny new trailer in case anyone's not convinced:

What characters are people going to mainly use? Was thinking either Witch Hunter or the Elf Ranger myself.

I think I fell in love with with Elf Waywatcher, but dwarf is a close second.

Legolas naturally.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Legolas naturally.

Yeah, whipping out the bow and taking down loads of skaven rapid fire is very satisfying, but picking of specials is handy.

Links234 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's similar to Left 4 Dead, but it's very melee-combat focused which makes it quite a different beast. There's more than just pew pew, there's blocking mechanics, and charged attacks, etc, and you also have characters that are more tanky. The combat is a serious amount of fun, makes a change from the usual gunplay in similar games.

I used to play a lot of Chivalry, but have been looking for something vaguely similar but not quite as simple. This looks brilliant, and I'd never heard of it until now.

gwan then kdjac on steam :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

How the hell did I miss this, looks right up my alley for a co-op game. Is it like L4D where you go point A to B fighting swarms in between?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Watched stream of it lastnight, looks good but ive yet to find a game in this genre with longevity.
    Combat in particular looks very nice.

Yep and you'll earn dice through each game you play which you can then use to try unlock better gear - more dice, better chance of winning top tier gear at the end of every round. So there's a loot aspect to the game as well.

Hmm, I'll watch some reviews / videos to get a better idea of the game when I get home. I normally dislike loot-based games as I find them to get insanely dull when it becomes many a player's sole function, grinding away, rather than to have the craíc playing.

Just bought it now, it's only €20, should be ready for a few games later. My ID is just terrorfirmer.

Played 1st level online thought it was easy enough until.........all 4 of us destroyed in seconds :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Sounds like there might be a few here playing, I might pick it up myself but will wait a few days to see what ye think before jumping in.

It is quite hard, even on more normal difficulties. But it's good. It's basically medieval Left4Dead, right down to the special class of enemies alongside common enemies, and having slots for medpacks/special item/explosives.

Basically Chivalry meets Left4Dead. Well worth the €20 I paid for it from GMG.

Fcuking Legolas :D

This is a very enjoyable game :D The weapons forging is clever but annoying i keep getting weapons for Not Legolas. Not sticking together makes this 10 times harder, can really see this working when all 4 players on TS or something.

A88E9E00949CB537D4E281C36DF616328AB56B03

Yeah, it's definitely one of those games that would be far better with a group of friends (or boardsies). Had a few goes last night, and someone inevitably runs off on their own, and everyone else dies trying to rescue them.

Enjoyable though, and will give it a longer go over the weekend. I kind of wish each of the classes had some abilities though, like a knockback/aoe attack on cooldown (or am i missing something?).

I kind of wish each of the classes had some abilities though, like a knockback/aoe attack on cooldown (or am i missing something?).

I think those come in the form of Weapon abilities you might get from a Weapon drop at the end of every round. I got a new Wayfarer sword that if I remember correctly actually has knockback ability.

I got 2 new shiny stabbier blades for Legolas, gives new swings and a better charged attack. My new Bow also kills in one shot now, takes down heavies fairly quickly with headshots but has a slower rate of fire.

• Advertisement

I kind of wish each of the classes had some abilities though, like a knockback/aoe attack on cooldown (or am i missing something?).

If you attack while blocking, your character does a sort of knockback and pushes off enemies around them. I know the Dwarf character, his charged melee attack is a big shield bash that knocks down a load of enemies.

Ah, didn't realise. Probably should have read the instructions before starting it off :P

13gb update downloading now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Added to the maybe pile.

I'll keep an eye on this thread :)

Anyone else have 60% CPU usage on this?

I'll check now when I play it in a few minutes, plan playing a lot of it tonight - no plans, nothing on, ladyfriend out at an event. I do find it's hardware intensive enough though, I'm playing on a 390X and on Ultra @1080p the framerate dips to the 30's now and again.

• Advertisement

Wow, big update coming in, so I guess I won't be playing it for a bit. Just as well, RSI seems to be acting up :(

Links234 wrote: »
    RSI seems to be acting up :(

Rat Squashing Implement?

Patch brings CPU back down to 15-20% which is normal for me with almost all games, runs a lot smoother now and few other addititions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I caved in and bought it :D

steam's download speed is pigslow atm, but i should be around later if anyone's up for some rat mauling just add me or send an invite :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

I caved in and bought it :D

steam's download speed is pigslow atm, but i should be around later if anyone's up for some rat mauling just add me or send an invite :)

ditto

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wossack

Fúck it, caved and got it. Downloading now but will be on later tonight.

Here's me Shteam

Its Left 4 Dead with swords, nothing wrong with that at all. Had some cracking games tonight but even on normal its tough unless you working together.

It will fill in the next 2 weeks fallout 4 Day quite nicely.

If your team carries 3 tomes over the finish line your pretty much guaranteed a good drop, you can drop the tome for health but have to pick back up. have yet to get 3 over the line due to other players :)

Had a few games there with a boards guy, was good fun. Keep getting bloody elf items after each game though, can't seem to get anything for the empire soldier! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

why did i wait so long to pick this game up?

oh yeah, i'm broke :D

Class game i'm still getting used to it - just played soldier there for a few games with kdjac and co, really enjoying it and going back for seconds right now :)

why did i wait so long to pick this game up?

oh yeah, i'm broke :D

Class game i'm still getting used to it - just played soldier there for a few games with kdjac and co, really enjoying it and going back for seconds right now :)

wait so long? it's only released today

• Advertisement
Advertisement