Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

We got many Vermintide players here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Skerries wrote: »
    wait so long? it's only released today

there was a beta versions, i only got it yesterday.

Some of you folk suck at covering the dwarf :D

but victory in the end so its all good :D

This is a really really good game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Yeah beta access for it has been around for a while

Dreamers, that map was awful we really need to be on voice for it to work right or ye know.. know what we're doing and when i say we, i mean I :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Lol, this is great. It's basically Goldenaxe meets Left 4 Dead :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

What do ye see this being like for longevity? Chivalry and Payday were games I always considered playing when I was bored, played them on and off. Was never really taken in by L4D2.

Looks fun as hell though, how's the combat? Good combat is very satisfying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Considering it only cost €20, if I even get a couple weeks out of it until Fallout 4 I'll be satisfied. That's not to say that I won't get a lot longer than that, but after just two days I already know it was a brilliant purchase, and even would have been at a higher price than it's selling for.

Also incredible how many people who have bought based on this thread - I had never even heard of the game until yesterday.

The combat is really like Chivalry - playing as the Empire Soldier, in any case, it's almost identical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

might pick it up if i can get a bit cheaper some where looks fun

What do ye see this being like for longevity? Chivalry and Payday were games I always considered playing when I was bored, played them on and off. Was never really taken in by L4D2.

Looks fun as hell though, how's the combat? Good combat is very satisfying.

The combat is masked by sporadic light attacks and frenzied huge waves of swarming rats. Technically the hitboxes are a bit skewed i thought, sometimes overgenerous and sometimes not (could be lag too). the vermintide version of L4D's tank is an absolute bastard to kill, even on normal or easy. I think a lot of that is because of armour penetration being the only way you can kill some mobs is not always part of a weapons primary attack.

Can be a bit hard to see other players even when you're standing right behind them sometimes, however when they move off behind a wall or some other cover they become highlighted which is done really well, also differentiating between characters (because ye want to heal one specific person and not the other two with full HP) can be a bit tricky but i assume it's just a matter of getting used to it.

The atmosphere is fcuking brilliant though, you really wouldn't want a rat phobia playing this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

As I'm broke but it looks good, I think I'll hang in Lone Stone's boat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Can be a bit hard to see other players even when you're standing right behind them sometimes, however when they move off behind a wall or some other cover they become highlighted which is done really well, also differentiating between characters (because ye want to heal one specific person and not the other two with full HP) can be a bit tricky but i assume it's just a matter of getting used to it.

I think there's an option so that other players are highlighted all the time.

• Advertisement

Links234 wrote: »
    I think there's an option so that other players are highlighted all the time.

awesome, i'll stick that on so :) thanks!

Also incredible how many people who have bought based on this thread - I had never even heard of the game until yesterday.

While I do like to think I've got good taste in games, I think there's a number of things that have contributed to Vermintide being such an instantly popular game that kinda came out of nowhere. Not least of which being there's not that many games in the 4-player co-op vein, L4D, Killing Floor and Payday are a few years old now, with Killing Floor 2 the only current game in this style, it's pretty far from an over-saturated genre. It's familiar enough that anyone who likes this kinda thing can hop straight in, yet different enough that it's a fresh enough experience; the melee-focused combat and the fact that you're killing rat-men instead of zombies. Because seriously, I think everyone's sick to death of zombies at this point. You've also got a great IP with a huge fanbase already.

It's also managed to come along at just the right time. The Payday 2 devs completely and utterly pissed off their playerbase by adding microtransactions, which for a game that was already bleeding their community through constant DLC, was the final straw for an awful lot of players. People were ditching Payday 2 like rats leaving a sinking ship, and there was threads on the steam forums, reddit, etc saying "Lets all go play Vermintide!" Quite a few friends who I played with are onto this now, so Overkill's loss is Fatshark's gain.

And perhaps most importantly, it's a damn good game and you should never underestimate what word of mouth can do. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

Never heard of it before till this thread, bought it last night and put in 7 hours into it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Oh ****ttt, sounds promising.

Buying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

F**k it, going to pick this up tomorrow and will be on for the night tomorrow night then.

Think i found my class, bright wizard :) got myself an uncommon flaming sword that works well with the bog standard staff

Also this game seems to be way more focused doing things methodically rather than legging it for your lives in L4D (at least so far anyway, been doing easy and normal to get a handle on the maps and mechanics)

• Advertisement

Myself and Link were at an impasse as to who picked Legolas :D

This a simple game that is very good fun, nothing overly complicated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I caved and bought it, hope they resolved the problem I had in Beta where I kept crashing to desktop every 5 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

This sounds/looks really fun.
    I have to stop reading threads about new games on this forum.
    On the verge of buying it of to dlcompare I go to ponder further.

On Supply and Demand got all sacks in and an Ogre appeared and smashed all 4 of us within 5 feet of the cart :(

Downloading dam you all

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Tempted, would you folks say it has much replay value?

Dcully wrote: »
    Tempted, would you folks say it has much replay value?

I was going to say, as much as L4D, but tbh it's got more imo, you get better gear as you go and there are a lot more maps to play through than both of the L4D's combined

I got bored of both L4D very quickly.

Its €27.99 on steam atm, anywhere else cheaper?

Its €27.99 on steam atm, anywhere else cheaper?

Same price on Greenman Gaming, but you can get 22% off with this code: WINTER-ISCMNG-22PERC

Thanks Links, finally had time to watch some streams and it looks great.
    Would i be correct-ish in thinking its like a cross between wow or any mmo dungeons running,diablo in terms of loot,chivalry in terms of combat and L4D in terms of gameplay?
    If so it looks like a game ive wanted for years , if so im definitely buying :)

Nevermind just bought it :P

Wouldn't say there's much WoW/Diablo in there, there's not that much loot and it does seem more about skill than stats, as while you can get new weapons and trinkets (haven't gotten any trinkets yet myself) you can't seem to pile on armor or the like.

Been enjoying myself playing the soldier today, fairly similar to how the dwarf plays I think, good sword & board style.

just had a game there, picked the knight guy did fairly well came out 2nd on the score board at the end but i assume you learn skills or something ? because i was slamming the hammer down, didnt see any tutorial anywhere we got to the horn at the start but then we died eventually. Fun game though !

Damn, I should've been on commision from the devs for this, could've made a mint! :o

had some great games tonight, cheers :)

This game is not a beer game, unless you get dead and have plenty of time to drink.

Was down at least 4 times in the last 4 games, hammered now :D Farming the 1st level for tomes and die :P

Quite annoying never getting better **** for your player of choice.

• Advertisement

Played 3 games lastnight, bumped into big knox, i was lost at first but got the hang of it soon enough.
    Had some guy abuse me for picking up a tome , i didnt know we already had 3 and it replaced my health pack.
    Good fun though.

more tomes means more dice at the end, your own call imo

i really like that system too, it forces people to be generous with meds :D

Played 3 games lastnight, bumped into big knox, i was lost at first but got the hang of it soon enough.
    Had some guy abuse me for picking up a tome , i didnt know we already had 3 and it replaced my health pack.
    Good fun though.

Pick up the tome and drop it when you need health and pick it back up. You only need to carry it over the finish line and everyone gets a special dice.

What level was it in? Havent seen 4 yet only 3 per level.

Just downloading now, will be on at about 8 for the night if anyone wants a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Isaiah

Right you have all convinced me, I just picked up a copy for 13 pound. Hard to say no at that price.

calling it quits til tomorrow, just had a bunch of really really **** games - one guy griefs me over using a potion when i had 10% hp left on a soldier.. complains about my level and bitches on for about 5 minutes, left game. joined mates, they did the exact opposite - all run off by themselves and i was the one bitching at them lol

If there's one thing worse than someone telling you how to play, it's playing co-op with no cooperation.

I am jumping on in about 10 mins, Failsafe should be on soon too so 2 more and we can all be crap together :pac:

i be on for a while, kdjac on steam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

dreamers75 wrote: »
    i be on for a while, kdjac on steam
    Thanks for the introduction to the game. We'd have been lost without it :D

• Advertisement

Jim Sterling is in on this too :D

I had a few games but people never seem able to complete the first level =/

Lone Stone wrote: »
    I had a few games but people never seem able to complete the first level =/

We managed on our first go but then spent the next hour failing...lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

LEEEEERRROOOY JEENKINS!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

Find leveling slow, what map is best for it? i'm level 11 i think and started doing hard for a bit more of a challenge

so i just had a great group there, we all had tombs by the end of it then when we exited on the cart thing, i got an error at the results screen server failed to load bot, and i got nothing =/

• Advertisement

Yesterday was my day for toxic games, christ it was just call of duty level bad.
    Today was grand, one or two people who were a bit leeroy but overall very co-operative games :) got level 20 out of it at least, might move onto nightmare from here, all but the white rat done on normal, that's a rough map too

I spent most of yesterday watching Better Call Saul, so missed all the fun. I'm being much more casual with the game than I was with Payday, only just been trying out the Witch Hunter today, who I am absolutely loving! Probably tied fave with the Waywatcher now, I love the special ability where you can fire a pistol while still carrying the rapier, getting a sneaky ranged shot in without having to switch weapons. It's come in very handy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've barely gotten a chance to play it. What little time i had to play anything was spent playing The Old Republic again, but will try get stuck in this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Been trying the Witch-hunter who is good, very satsifying opening up like Rambo with the dual guns. :pac:

Haven't had much time to play over the weekend but have come across some really toxic **** who have been vote-kicking people for the smallest of things like someone using a potion when they were "told not to do so" or someone not being able to do the jump to pick up the 3rd Tome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Watched a few videos of it being played on Twitch, have to say I liked what I saw. It seems to be a Warhammer version of L4D - is this a reasonable comparison or is there more to it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement