Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

We got many Vermintide players here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Watched a few videos of it being played on Twitch, have to say I liked what I saw. It seems to be a Warhammer version of L4D - is this a reasonable comparison or is there more to it?

pretty much with some rpg elements as regards upgrading weapons and gear

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've had a busy weekend at Gaelcon and haven't had a chance to play much of this. Will be online tonight I reckon after 9ish and would we most interested in a game or 5 if people are around :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

last 3 or 4 games have had the host crash 90% through the mission (I think) - a bit feckin disheartening getting that far..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I started playing this yesterday, really quite like it. I had felt bad for missing the L4D train so this lets me essentially jump on board while getting to enjoy Warhammer at the same time. I've been playing me +1 friend and 2 bots, and, well, the bots aren't exactly the most effective. We're able to clear normal difficulty levels with one or two tries but we've had a handful of wipeouts so far.

I'm enjoying the Waywatcher the most but I'm feeling the Dwarf is probably overall more effective. Main reason being that the Waywatcher has very few options for doing armour piercing. When do I get bodkin arrows? Do they show up as an ammo choice or is it just that some later bow will have piercing damage?

Also the forge: do I get an entirely random item if I melt five things I don't want?

Really enjoying the game; only complaint being that it's just a little bit too grindy for my tastes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Is the guy who voices Saltzpyre the same guy who did the voice of the Techpriests in Dawn of War?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Zillah wrote: »
    I started playing this yesterday, really quite like it. I had felt bad for missing the L4D train so this lets me essentially jump on board while getting to enjoy Warhammer at the same time. I've been playing me +1 friend and 2 bots, and, well, the bots aren't exactly the most effective. We're able to clear normal difficulty levels with one or two tries but we've had a handful of wipeouts so far.

I'm enjoying the Waywatcher the most but I'm feeling the Dwarf is probably overall more effective. Main reason being that the Waywatcher has very few options for doing armour piercing. When do I get bodkin arrows? Do they show up as an ammo choice or is it just that some later bow will have piercing damage?

Also the forge: do I get an entirely random item if I melt five things I don't want?

Really enjoying the game; only complaint being that it's just a little bit too grindy for my tastes.

it gets less grindy on higher difficulties

With the forge if you throw in 5 of the same item types(and same colour)you get an item of the very same in next best colour category, so like 5 whites = 1 green, 5 greens = 1 blue, 5 blues = 1 orange
    or ye can throw 5 random items in for one random upgrade

It's handy to salvage a few of each too for weapon upgrades later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Main reason being that the Waywatcher has very few options for doing armour piercing. When do I get bodkin arrows? Do they show up as an ammo choice or is it just that some later bow will have piercing damage?

Waywatcher can kill any enemy other than the ogre in one shot. Nothing more satisfying than taking out a Stormvermin patrol with 5 arrows and 5 headshots.

The shouting "Legolas bitches" at the monitor.

Not with the starting bow ye can't.

*fires three arrows into a Stormvermin's head*

Not with the starting bow ye can't.

*fires three arrows into a Stormvermin's head*

You can has to be a charged shot tho and eyeball level headshot :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Shiminay wrote: »
    I've had a busy weekend at Gaelcon and haven't had a chance to play much of this. Will be online tonight I reckon after 9ish and would we most interested in a game or 5 if people are around :)

I'll be on it tonight at some stage. I want to have a few games first to get used to it a bit though. Steam id is the same as here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Isaiah

Playing this now. How do I join you lads on this?

My internet connection has been horrendous the last few days, I don't see myself playing while this keeps up :(

Isaiah wrote: »
    Playing this now. How do I join you lads on this?

add people from the sticky name thread on Steam.

Join who ever is playing vermintide :)

3 tome 2 grim and 2 bonus die and game crashed as we walking to cart.:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just crashed on me there, just towards the end of the prologue mission :/

And only 2 of steam buddies online.

Was 50 a few minutes ago......hmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

dreamers75 wrote: »
    3 tome 2 grim and 2 bonus die and game crashed as we walking to cart.:(

Happened to me twice once while the reward screen came up and I got nothing, very annoying.

I seem to be getting disconnected from steam for 20-40 secs randomly, which drops me out of whatever game Im in, with the error 'unable to join host <nil>' or the like. Quits right out to desktop :(

Been playing hitman absolution recently, and getting warnings about getting signed out of steam in it too, so looking like its my connection (or steam..)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

Got with a good team yesterday doing hard getting all tomes and grimnores, not hard at all when you play as a team, was raking in the xp with nearly a level up each game and 2 orange weapons :pac:
    So much more fun with harder difficulty and good players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Picked it up yesterday. Played two games on easy, as the Wayfarer. Man, it's seriously easy to burn through your ammo - or to find yourself bereft of tank support on the front line getting chopped up from behind.

Overall though, great fun - and the persistent rewards/crafting is a nice touch that takes it just that little further in terms of bringing you back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Nice review from one of the most honest reviewers out there.

As much as I like the gameplay I'm already starting to see the point where I get sick of it and give up on the horizon. I'm level 10 and I really think there are only so many varieties of chopping through giant rat hordes I can enjoy.

Sure I can get a sword that does +50% damage, and then turn the difficultly up so that the rats have +50% hitpoints...but I'm not sure there's any point in doing that. I think new loot is the main motivating factor now that I've seen every variation on clickstabclickstabclickstabclickstab that I'm going to get, and I'm already starting to feel exhausted by the dice roll/random loot system.

From a solo or pug perspective that's reasonably accurate but the thing about co-op games is that for me at least, the fun is the cooperation as much as it is getting loot or killing zombies/rats/cops etc..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

As much as I like the gameplay I'm already starting to see the point where I get sick of it and give up on the horizon. I'm level 10 and I really think there are only so many varieties of chopping through giant rat hordes I can enjoy.

Sure I can get a sword that does +50% damage, and then turn the difficultly up so that the rats have +50% hitpoints...but I'm not sure there's any point in doing that. I think new loot is the main motivating factor now that I've seen every variation on clickstabclickstabclickstabclickstab that I'm going to get, and I'm already starting to feel exhausted by the dice roll/random loot system.

I tend to agree with you and since im not always online when people are playing it might get shallow quick for me.

From a solo or pug perspective that's reasonably accurate but the thing about co-op games is that for me at least, the fun is the cooperation as much as it is getting loot or killing zombies/rats/cops etc..

There's only so much fun to be had from endlessly hacking through waves of mooks even with friends.

• Advertisement

Patch 1.0.1.1
    Changelog:
    - Added Music Volume slider
    - No longer possible to pick up potions unless dropping any held Grimoires first
    - Fix for bots not using healing draughts in combat
    - Fixed achievement "Balthasar Gelt"
    - Various localization bugfixes
    - Fixed issue causing level complete to not trigger
    - Fixed various startup crashes
    - Fixed a crash in particle system
    - Fixed a crash in animation constraint system
    - Fixed a crash in I/O system
    - Fixed a crash in Audio System
    - Potential fix for startup crashes

Patch notes

are the servers down? i cant log in to it and i keep getting "failed getting patch notes" and back end error alert when i run the game =/

there was a note about scheduled maintenance today alright, not sure though

edit: yeah it's down for maintenance - though they need to work on that crappy error message ye get

In their defence there was a ticker scrolling along the top of the launch screen warning about that down time days ago.

Pugs are just disastrous during the daytime on hard :/ think i'll give up til this evening

• Advertisement

for **** sake you know this game is a pain in the hole, every second game it crashs waste of feckin time.

Wossack, Dreamers, Dat map! xD hahah, poxy :D

I'm gonna leave it til they fix it a bit more, but bloody hell we had that map in the bag and all :/

Thats the last 3 in a row for and in all had 3 tomes and 1 or 2 grims...

right as we carrying the last fcuking sack and no sign of the Ogre.

all the tomes, grim and all yea :(

ugh, not playing again till its patched further - feckit, I cant handle the ballache

I've literally not had one crash yet. Level 15 or so. How curious.

Finally started playing Hard last night - actually quite a bit of fun with a decent team. I kept coming across groups of people that were grinding a glitched map for easy loot, and as much as I like loot, it is the icing on the cake of fun. I don't want to sit there and eat bowl after bowl of icing.

I also kept finding people trying to finish the poison the wells map, which on Hard is by far the toughest one I've seen. Very little health and ammo, gigantic hordes.

I've literally not had one crash yet. Level 15 or so. How curious.

Finally started playing Hard last night - actually quite a bit of fun with a decent team. I kept coming across groups of people that were grinding a glitched map for easy loot, and as much as I like loot, it is the icing on the cake of fun. I don't want to sit there and eat bowl after bowl of icing.

I also kept finding people trying to finish the poison the wells map, which on Hard is by far the toughest one I've seen. Very little health and ammo, gigantic hordes.

Well then, good news
    Patch 1.0.1.2
    Changelog:
    - Fixed a number of exploits
    - Fixed several cases of bots getting stuck
    - Tweaked enemy spawning on "Black Powder"
    - Tweaked barrel spawning on "Black Powder"

didnt like that magnus exploit either, it's a bloody easy map finale to finish anyway if your team does it right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Kiith wrote: »
    Didn't even realise it was out. PcGamer spoke very highly of it when they tried it out pre-release.

PCGAMER speak highly of everything in preview.....

Just look at the X-rebirth debacle, the biggest heap of dog turd that got a glowing PCGAMER preview article.

Its a section of the magazine that i entirely ignore now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

I know it's early days but how is public play? I enjoyed Payday2 for a while but stopped playing when my experience of public games became utterly toxic. Players screaming and shouting at new players littlest of mistakes and constantly restarting maps to go for a stealth round despite the team not having the necessary to complete the map by stealth.

I had been looking forward to this game but am a bit reluctant it will quickly go the same way.

Public games are generally fine. Just don't go into Hard mode until you're ready (low teens I'd say). Nothing more likely to get your head bitten off than ploughing into a hard game you're not ready for.

I do find myself feeling a stab of irritation when I'm playing and someone doesn't do exactly what they're supposed to. It's not exactly reasonable, but you get used to playing with people who know the score and everything goes like clockwork, and then you get some bozo who doesn't stand where he's supposed to and you're all "What is this idiot doing?!" and then you step back and get a bit of perspective and realise not everyone has done this map several times before.

So yeah you might find a dick or two but people rarely use voice at all, which to be honest is a good thing. I like imagining that's a dwarf fighting at my side, I don't want some scouser ruining the illusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Haven't played in a good while and actually haven't played Hard yet, looking forward to that

• Advertisement

people still using exploits on magnus - so that's not been fixed yet at all :/ gits, it's not even that hard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I've bought it too. I had to hold on to old Warhammer.

Myself and De5p are playing now if anyone wants in. SteamID: Shiminay.

Fun game tonight ;)

gg folks, that was fun indeed earlier, I might be online again tomorrow for more.

people still using exploits on magnus - so that's not been fixed yet at all :/ gits, it's not even that hard

It just strikes me as so absurd. Why are you even playing if you're going to cheat? So you can get loot? What does the loot matter if you're never going to play properly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Ok, definitely putting some hours in tonight on this after been away from it for a while. Had a quick game last night it lagged the fúck out near the end but I didn't have interest starting again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Shiminay wrote: »
    Myself and De5p are playing now if anyone wants in. SteamID: Shiminay.

I actually had bought and installed the game last night around the time you posted this but didn't bother to try it out.:(

Maguined wrote: »
    I actually had bought and installed the game last night around the time you posted this but didn't bother to try it out.:(

Well I'm probably gonna log in again tonight around the same time, so I'll post into this thread when I fire it up if you or anyone else wants to join in.

• Advertisement

I will be on tonight if anyone about.

bagsy legloas :D

Advertisement