Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

We got many Vermintide players here?

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I think everyone wants to be Kerillian, she's awesome and can obliterate specials, I was one-shotting ratlings and gasrats when playing as her.

I've been playing as the solider guy last night though, got a green sword and shield which restores stamina, and unlocked a really accurate and powerful but slow firing rifle. The perfect thing for picking off pesky specials before they get close.

Still prefer being the Elf though, 'cos pew pew! :D

d60720560e8098ff30aa25af8f66a6cd.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm going to play as a different character tonight. I unlocked a Mace & Shield for the Soldier, so I might give that a look. The Withurd looks kinda fun too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Shiminay wrote: »
    I'm going to play as a different character tonight. I unlocked a Mace & Shield for the Soldier, so I might give that a look. The Withurd looks kinda fun too.

Took me a while to figure who was Legolas last night wanted to scream at them YOU HAVE A BOW AND ARROW!!!!!!

Thin the herd from a distance then stabby stab stab :D

992655.png

De5p and I are playing again now if anyone's about.

• Advertisement

That's excellent news and a fine set of updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

This was a purchase refund for me.

Highest killer in my first game, yet i don't go up a single level? Dafuq?
    Extremely rare ammo.
    On normal difficulty, i spent most of my time in the lower regions of health.

And most of all: Its just a mindless hack-and-slash. I feel like i've seen the entirety of the game one hour in.

Gimme my money back steam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Highest killer in my first game, yet i don't go up a single level? Dafuq?

So?
    Extremely rare ammo.

So?
    On normal difficulty, i spent most of my time in the lower regions of health.

So?

Why the fudge do you think any of these are valid complaints?
    And most of all: Its just a mindless hack-and-slash. I feel like i've seen the entirety of the game one hour in.

Gimme my money back steam.

Definitely hacking and slashing, but I wouldn't call it mindless; there's quite a bit of strategy to it, especially on Hard+.

Zillah wrote: »

Definitely hacking and slashing, but I wouldn't call it mindless; there's quite a bit of strategy to it, especially on Hard+.

Even on normal one Leroy Jenkins can fcuk everything up.

• Advertisement

So?

So?

So?

Why the fudge do you think any of these are valid complaints?

Sosososo

Dude, i was giving reasons for why i didn't like the game. If those were my reasons then they are perfectly valid, thank you.

Sosososo

Dude, i was giving reasons for why i didn't like the game. If those were my reasons then they are perfectly valid, thank you.

They are bad reasons that make no sense. You're doing a very quick retreat from stroppy refund-demanding to "It's just my opinion, maaan".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Haven't played this in few weeks what with Fallout 4 and being busy with other stuff.

Has there been any notable updates (bar that one mentioned a few posts back) or news lately for the game?

They are bad reasons that make no sense. You're doing a very quick retreat from stroppy refund-demanding to "It's just my opinion, maaan".

Fine i'll humour you.

Not going up a single level despite being best performer in a match (my very first match) is bad game design in my view, and contrary to pretty much every other leveling system out there.

Ammo being so limited that i can fire the guns on my chosen character for about 3 minutes of an hour long game is also bad game design, in that that's meant to be the cool thing about the character, and i can't do it for the majority of the time. Whats left? Hack and slash thats been done better elsewhere.

As for the health, it means that i'm not focusing on having fun, but rather i'm focusing on trying to find health. Again, there are better games that lean heavily on looting as a primary concern (diablo/fallout). Normal mode is not meant to be that challenging, and darksouls aside, its not normal practice.

I'd add to my list the animations, which i think are poor. I don't feel like there is a lot of difference between the enemy hit and enemy dying animations (barring the head popping off one), so i often find myself flailng at corpses.... When faced and surrounded by 20 rats, blocking is useless as you can protect from one quadrant only, and a mindless hack is the remaining option. Spam the left button untill everyone is on the floor, yeah thats awesome :rolleyes:

Also, being a longterm fan of Warhammer (fantasy and 40k), while the artstyle looks good, the gameplay is frantic, and not i think in keeping with the lore of warhammers worlds. A slower combat style, akin to skyrim would have suited the lore better.

Maybe i found the wrong character, but as the game was 1 hour long, i wasn't going to risk running over the 2 hour refund mark in order to try another, as most of the issues i mention above would remain with a different character anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,433 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Haven't played this in few weeks what with Fallout 4 and being busy with other stuff.

Has there been any notable updates (bar that one mentioned a few posts back) or news lately for the game?

I think there's a patch on Friday, supposed to improve the loot side of things. Though that could be just hearsay.

Fine i'll humour you.

Not going up a single level despite being best performer in a match (my very first match) is bad game design in my view, and contrary to pretty much every other leveling system out there.

Ammo being so limited that i can fire the guns on my chosen character for about 3 minutes of an hour long game is also bad game design, in that that's meant to be the cool thing about the character, and i can't do it for the majority of the time. Whats left? Hack and slash thats been done better elsewhere.

As for the health, it means that i'm not focusing on having fun, but rather i'm focusing on trying to find health. Again, there are better games that lean heavily on looting as a primary concern (diablo/fallout). Normal mode is not meant to be that challenging, and darksouls aside, its not normal practice.

I'd add to my list the animations, which i think are poor. I don't feel like there is a lot of difference between the enemy hit and enemy dying animations (barring the head popping off one), so i often find myself flailng at corpses.... When faced and surrounded by 20 rats, blocking is useless as you can protect from one quadrant only, and a mindless hack is the remaining option. Spam the left button untill everyone is on the floor, yeah thats awesome :rolleyes:

Also, being a longterm fan of Warhammer (fantasy and 40k), while the artstyle looks good, the gameplay is frantic, and not i think in keeping with the lore of warhammers worlds. A slower combat style, akin to skyrim would have suited the lore better.

Maybe i found the wrong character, but as the game was 1 hour long, i wasn't going to risk running over the 2 hour refund mark in order to try another, as most of the issues i mention above would remain with a different character anyway.

Most of these are just arbitrary assertion. There is no obligation for any game to level characters at any particular pace, or to have levels at all. Levelling in Vermintide doesn't even mean much anyway, it's just free loot; you get loot at the end of each successful map regardless of whether you levelled anyway. So not only are your complaints arbitrary, they show you don't even understand what you're complaining about. Which makes sense given that you apparently played it for less than two hours.

There is ammo scattered around the maps, and you're supposed to reserve it for when it would be most useful. Apparently you didn't get that and just want to use your very powerful special weapons all the time.

The rest is mostly "This game isn't the same as other games I've played" which I'm not sure we can even class as a criticism.

Someone doesn't like the game, gets Steam refund, hurrah! Another victory for the consumer.

Not everyone will like the game, and that's cool. ;)

Yeah and "I didn't enjoy myself" is fine, but acting like the game is terrible because it doesn't meet your arbitrary expectations is dumb.

See what CoD does to people? "I'm supposed to level up after my first ever game!" :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

this got a big update today - free DLC apaprently :)

1.3gig of it

Might be worth wading into again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

As for the health, it means that i'm not focusing on having fun, but rather i'm focusing on trying to find health

have you not played the Left4Dead games which this is the same as?
    probably the Payday games as well but they have been sitting my account for years, must actually try them some day

1.2gb update for it today, must get back into it.
    Heroes!
    We're proud to announce Patch 1.1.5 has now been deployed. This major update includes the ability to re-roll traits, a number of quality of life changes and a fix-up for the Globadier.

Patch Notes:
    Trait Changes
    - Added ability to swap traits of a weapon at the Shrine of Solace:
    The new Offer option lets you spend tokens to swap the traits of a weapon. After spending tokens you will be presented with a set of new traits. You may then choose to select your current traits or the new ones.
    The costs for Offer are 8 Common / 6 Rare / 5 Exotic based on the rarity of the weapon.

- Added ability to re-roll value of a trait:
    The new Invocate option lets you spend tokens to improve the value of an unlocked trait. The costs for Invocate are 10 Common / 8 Rare / 6 Exotic based on the rarity of the weapon.

- Equalized trait unlocks:
    Traits could previously only unlock in 0.5% increments. Meaning a trait that had a minimum value of 1% and maximum of 3% could only ever roll 1%, 1.5%, 2%, 2.5% or 3%. This made traits with high percentage differences such as 20-40% very tedious to re-roll - and not very cost efficient. Now every trait has the same amount of steps between minimum and maximum values. Doing this lets us ensure consistency in the re-roll system and keep a low cost on re-rolling. Any traits that are already unlocked will keep their current value.

Feature Changes
    - Head bobbing can now be disabled (try this if you're experiencing motion sickness)
    - Camera shakes can now be disabled
    - Game Public/Private state can now be altered during a game in progress
    - Added upward attacking and downward attacking animations for Skaven to better reflect attack ranges
    - Players will now be kicked for idling too long in public games: a notification will be displayed after 2 minutes, failure to react will kick the player

Optimization
    - Added option to render low frequent transparency, such as smoke, gas clouds and dust, in a lower resolution. This significantly reduces the pixel overdraw and gives a great performance gain in transparency heavy scenes - This setting is enabled by default in all presets
    - Slightly sped up lighting calculation
    - Optimized damage, health & buff systems

Bug Fixes
    - Fixed a bug where SSAO was disabled when turning off skin shading
    - Fixed a clipping issue with Dwarf 2h weapons
    - Fixed a bug where level up rewards weren’t being properly granted
    - Fixed a crash when voting for a new level
    - Fixed a bug where innkeepers head would disappear towards the edges of the screen
    - Fixed a bug with innkeeper twisting his head too far when looking at player at the end of the bar.
    - Fixed a rare crash that could occur if unequipping a weapon while exploding from overheat
    - Fixed similar timing issues that could cause push when releasing rmb and trying to swing with great swords and fencing swords.
    - Improved weapon switch queuing out of parries with fencing sword
    - Fixed a crash that could occur if rat ogre failed to path to players
    - Fixed several bugs that were causing rat ogres to sometimes get stuck.
    - Fixed an issue that could cause skaven to get stuck after climbing
    - Improved Ratling gunner AI handling a situation where it can’t find a line of sight to players for a long time
    - Minor bug fixes to Garden of Morr, Horn Of Magnus, Man The Ramparts, The White Rat, The Enemy Below, Smuggler’s Run & Engines of War.
    - Fixed a crash that could occur whilst killing multiple Special enemies in a short amount of time
    - Fixed the description for Dwarf Ranger’s “Boar” headpiece
    - Fixed a number of localization errors

Globadier Changes:
    - Fixed bug that was causing the globadier to observe his globe hit when not intended.
    - Improved trajectory calculations for globadier throws.
    - Improved AI handling a situation where globadier can’t find a throw trajectory to players for a long time.
    - Improved lurking AI to make the globadier less erratic when walking around between throws.
    - Fixed bug that could cause the globadier AI to get stuck not able to find a path to the players.
    - Reduced impact damage from 30 to 10 on Cataclysm
    - Increased damage over time from 10 to 15 on Cataclysm

Note:
    We are aware of the current audio issues and are working to solve them as soon as possible. We've tracked it down to an error in our patching system which isn't properly including audio files. We hope to have more information on this soon.

DLC out today: http://store.steampowered.com/app/437070

Barely been playing any multiplayer games at all these days, but really must try and get back into this game, was awesome. ;) I think I stopped playing it because of internet troubles I had at the time.

Last Stand, the free component, is set to make Vermintide's notoriously challenging four-way co-op harder still. It's a horde mode, pitting you against ever-growing waves of Skaven including, we're told, two Rat Ogres at a time. The longer you last, the better the rewards you'll receive. As a bonus, Last Stand brings with it a new free map, The Town, set in the Von Jungfreudsplatz in central Ubersreik.
    Schluesselschloss
    The paid DLC, Schluesselschloss (which Fatshark held a contest to find a snappier nickname for) adds a new map in the form of the Schluesselschloss fortress—a warren of bridges and towers that nonetheless promises "no chance of escape". It's £2/$3, and you'll be able to play it even with friends who don't own the DLC.

I cant find anything wrong with that offering.

Getting old or turning into a sheeple :pac:

Aprils fools or not......40 seconds in can fcuk right off!!! :pac:

Free weekend on this today, and new DLC.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/235540

So, been playing Vermintide a lot again over the weekend, and really getting to grips with the new maps. I love that the DLC is quite substantial, adding a whole new location with 3 maps, Castle Drachenfels, the Dungeons and Summoner's Peak, they also added in 2 new weapons, the Twilight Glaive for Kerillian, and a crossbow for Saltzpyre.

The Dungeons map adds in a new mechanic, there's areas that are pitch black and one or two of the team have to carry a torch to navigate it, it's... seriously claustrophobic. The map itself was great, and the darkness means if there was a pack you'd often have to throw down the torch and fight closeby, makes everything really tense. Drachenfels itself is a fairly standard map, and Summoner's Peak has you closing down warp portals, it's by far my favourite of the new maps, first attempt we wiped because a Rat Ogre knocked us off the edge. Fun times. :pac:

Also, the loot sytem really annoyed me, I'd see nothing but commons drop all the time, but I've been showered with some greens lately and even a blue staff for the Bright Wizard, who I now have two blues for. As it was, I had a decent green sword and shield for Kruber so I had been running him a lot and doing tanky stuff, but now I got the Glaive and a really awesome Trueflight bow for Kerillian, as well as another couple of green bows for her, a green Outrider Gun for Kruber which is seriously awesome, green flame sword for Wizard, and a few assorted commons. Didn't get anything worthwhile for the Dwarf (rarely pick him over Kruber anyway) and Saltzpyre, but I took a load of the junk and smelted it down and crafted a new green Brace of Pistols for him, which came with an extra ammo trait! So it now carries 63 bullets instead of 48, pew pew! :D

Yeah, having a LOT of fun with this lately.

So, Vermintide is currently 50% off in the sale, well worth a lash. ;)

Advertisement