Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downgrading from El Capitan to Snow Leopard Problems

Options
  • 20-10-2015 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I've a 15" 2011 MacBook Pro, currently running El Capitan.
    I need to downgrade all the way down to Snow Leopard. The reason for this is that the sole reason I have the laptop is to run some video analysis software called Sportscode, and the version I have is only compatible with Snow Leopard.

I have the original Snow Leopard Install disk.
    I've reformatted the Mac hard drive, so now it's not really running OS X.

When I turn on the Mac and hold down the 'C' key to start up from a CD, it just loads endlessly. I left it for over 40 minutes trying to boot, but nothing happened.

When I hold the 'option key' when booting, and open up OS X Utilities, there's the option of "Reinstall OS X", however I can only reinstall El Capitan.

I'm just looking to do a clean install. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement