Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parking over bank hol wknd?

Options
  • 20-10-2015 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

hi folks, will be in sligo this wknd staying at the riverside hotel.
    just rang about parking and they only have 8 car spots available so i imagine they will be gone by the time i get there with the long wknd and all.
    can anyone recommend a multi story or somewhere to park up that would be reasonably cheap for the few days?

cheers:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

The nearest would be the Abbey St Car Park, or just accross the footbridge, there is The Carpark in the Mall, I think thats about 3 euro a day with Sunday free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

great thanks:)

https://goo.gl/maps/cF8RqSR5Y8E2

Map showing Abbey St Carpark and walk to hotel at end of street.

http://www.sligococo.ie/Services/Parking/CarParks/

Just found it is hourly parking.

This one is the nearest all day parking rate.

https://goo.gl/maps/wzAQ5q3R9pT2

great stuff, much appreciated:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

If its over the weekend, then just keep going over riverside and park at the council offices. Less than 5 minutes walk from where you'll be staying and it'll be free, since the council staff won't be there.

• Advertisement

If its over the weekend, then just keep going over riverside and park at the council offices. Less than 5 minutes walk from where you'll be staying and it'll be free, since the council staff won't be there.

Excellent idea, and there is also the carpark next door which was the fleadh office carpark.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

THis. I'm not a local, but visited Sligo recently and the staff in the hotel sent me here. It looks closed at first as a visitor, but the entrance is to the side.

We'd a superb weekend in Sligo, were there the week before the fleadh, lovely people, loads to do.

Definitely going to go back :)

If you are travelling from Dublin, be prepared for the section of road close to Sligo with loads of crosses, it's considered one of the most dangerous roads in Ireland, every cross you see is a life lost :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

zweton wrote: »
    long wknd
    :D

Anybody else find this funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Funny or ironic?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Stayed in the riverside suites hotel myself over the summer, I wouldn't even call that a carpark they have! I ended up parking just 100 metres up right along side the river. Could even see my car from the room :D

It wouldn't suit unless you were gone with the car most the day tho like I was. Pity I didn't know about that place mentioned above then :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

dingding wrote: »
    Excellent idea, and there is also the carpark next door which was the fleadh office carpark.

I had heard they were going to introduce parking charges at the weekend as it was becoming popular. I don't think this has been introduced yet but have a look around for signs and or a machine.

I did also hear that it was going to be closed off at weekends.

deleted...wrong info!!

Enjoy the weekend. Plenty of music on this weekend if that is your thang!

prodsc wrote: »
    I had heard they were going to introduce parking charges at the weekend as it was becoming popular. I don't think this has been introduced yet but have a look around for signs and or a machine.

I did also hear that it was going to be closed off at weekends.

If you do end up in a paying car park note you have got to pay for Sundays and Public Holidays.

Enjoy the weekend. Plenty of music on this weekend if that is your thang!

You don't have to pay on a Sunday in the public car park at the moment.

yes hopefully lots of music, recommend any good pubs or spots for food?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Can't remember the name of it, but if you come out of the Riverside and head down towards town, there is a pub on the corner beside the bridge where we'd a nice meal on the Friday night.

Service was good too, but it was jammers on the Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Wouldn't there be loads of parking free along the road a wee bit up towards Doorley Park direction?

Stheno wrote: »
    Can't remember the name of it, but if you come out of the Riverside and head down towards town, there is a pub on the corner beside the bridge where we'd a nice meal on the Friday night.

Service was good too, but it was jammers on the Saturday.

The Belfry if it was a big 3 storey pub you mean.

Jayop wrote: »
    The Belfry if it was a big 3 storey pub you mean.

Has a steakhouse restaurant and a nightclub beside it on the quays?

Disclaimer, I know the guy who owns this place!!

Go to Lillies a little later if you like a cocktail and a nice bit of live music. It's really near the hotel you're in and it's a lovely wee bar. Usually very busy and if you're ordering a cocktail when it is, order a beer to have while you wait for it.

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Attraction_Review-g186635-d7209443-Reviews-Lillies_Sligo-Sligo_County_Sligo_Western_Ireland.html

Ask for a whiskey sour.

Advertisement