Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helping a friend to get into Psychology

Options
  • 20-10-2015 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭

Hi. I'm worried about my friend, who has her heart set on DCU's Psychology course. It's touch and go as to whether or not she will get the 515 entry points required.

I'm wondering, what option between Leaving Cert and Third Level could she take to get in should she fail to get the points? Is there any backdoors via FETAC? Or could she do it through Arts on lesser points and convert? Struggling to find answers to this. Is there anyway she can get in inside a couple of years if she doesn't get the points?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

I just looked up the entry requirements, and there is no entry path through FETAC, or for transfers. In DCU arts, there is a subject called Human development, which would involve some psychology, along with sociology, etc. Perhaps she could then consider postgraduate courses?

I would recommend that she sees a good guidance counsellor. They can go through all possibilities with her.

Advertisement