Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Adapter

Options
  • 20-10-2015 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

Hi all,

not sure this is the correct forum so mods please feel free to move it to the most appropriate place...

I have a desktop computer that I'd like to connect to the internet via wifi. In the past it's always been near the phone line so it was just plugged in but I've moved it to a new room and don't want to have cables running all over. I've been told you can get wireless adapters (is that the correct name??) but I'm not sure what type to get. I've seen some really cheap ones online that you just plug in via USB but it seems too easy and cheap to be true! Is that the type I'd need or is that for something else entirely?

Thanks in advance and apologies for my huge lack of technology knowledge! :D

Comments

Advertisement